• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass eyelids

PurpleMystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Instead of cluttering up the mess of a thread in Aesthetics I thought I'd start a new one here for those people getting their eyelids painted and installed.

I used Duplicolor Silver Frost along with their clear coat. I sanded the lids with 400 grit, primed with auto primer, put a few light layers of color on, then a couple light layers of clear. They still feel a bit textured, exactly what should I do smooth them out? I'm completely new to painting.

I mocked them up with some masking tape until I get them completely painted.
img3545xk3.jpg

img3550uc4.jpg

img3547fm2.jpg

img3539dn2.jpg

Last edited:
for your textured feel. what you wanna do is after primmer sand it a little bit until smooth. then do one or 2 light coats of color then your 2nd or 3rd you wanna do a medium "wet" coat. not enough to run or drip. then do the same with your clear as you did with your color. this will let you have a smoother finish. and after i think 48 hrs the can says you can use a polish to smooth it out further. i would wait at least a week to do that through. that way the paint has time to cure.

They don't look bad. but if someone wants Eyelids i think they look much better painted on. they rise you get on the headlight from the fiberglass eyelids doesn't flow good at all IMO

They look good dude, when you put them on for good make sure they are even, other than that they look killer, I cant wait to get my cf ones.

sexy eye's

sexy eye's

Here is a daylight pic of mine. It's also my first HDR. :D

4yhy8ew.jpg

Close up
5xt6fdf.jpg

Whatcha think?

(((((((((((And who said a car cant have bedroom eyes............DERN!))))))))))

confused though, did you buy those or make em'? If you bought them where do i get some? I never noticed before until now( dont ask me why) but freakn looks better with just the top lids and not bottom. Want me some, now that ive actually seen them in the color i need. Man thats sexy!

They look killer dude, now just paint your oval sf and your good to go. Lovin the cleared corners too.

Back