• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new exhaust YUM

Car is coming together nice Joe. Still my favorite non-SVT.....needs some modding under the hood now.:crazy:

Car is coming together nice Joe. Still my favorite non-SVT.....needs some modding under the hood now.:crazy:

I know, I know.... I want motor mods bad... I am doing the k&n, svt UIM & TB, DMD, maybe some pullys....

Speaking of tasteless mods, you should get rid of that splitter and sell it to me...:D

Aside from that, your car looks freakin' sweet! Think about changing the caliper color, yet?

I am going to bead blast a pair of svt fronts and my rears to get them cleaned up..... I DON'T KNOW WHAT COLOR TO PAINT THEM! What would you guys suggest that would go well with the purple? Maybe purple calipers.... hmmm

If you want a turbo you should just take the time and build your motor up the right way. Rebuild it or put a 3L in would be my suggestion. I think you should do the calipers a dark blue, I think that might be the only thing other than black that would go well with the purple. Car looks great though, keep up the good work :cool:

Looking GREAT fuz. Keep talking about that 200+k mileage and you'll have yourself an excuse for a 3L in no time! lol thats the way things go you know...

Black would also look very nice and subtle on the car with those wheels.

I figured you would ask, and I'm picturing a really shiny silver, almost chrome finish popping through those rims...think about it...tasteful, but still the impact and style you like...

easy answer....red! it will compliment the plum very well.

I agree red looks nice with that color
DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

I was going to go with red, but I am liking the chromish or "polished" would be cool too.... hmmmm

I was going to go with red, but I am liking the chromish or "polished" would be cool too.... hmmmm

Then you can take that theme to the engine bay...polished intake, upper manifold, pulleys, etc...

Also, if you want some type of color to your calipers, consider painting/powdercoating the anti-rattle springs red, yellow, or...wait for it...purple.

I just thought of something else...it might be cool to go with the chrome or polished look on your calipers, red anti-rattle springs, and then in the engine bay, red anodized accent pieces like pulleys, oil cap, battery holddown, and then the major items like intake and upper manifold could be the polished look...now that would be slick...

that sounds like something you might be planning to do to your car.... seeing as how your car is RED! I am excited

Back