• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help with subs

CSVTkid

CEG'er
hey i need help with the settings on my deck and amp. I have 2 kenwood 12" subs with a kenwood 1000W amp. I also have a alpine deck. On my amp what should the bass boost level be(0-18)? the LPF frequency(40-200)? and last the input sensitivity(5min-0.2max)? Also on the deck what should the settings be. Bass control-60Hz, 80, 100, or 200? bass band width- 1 narrow-4 wide? bass level~ -7 ~ +7? Treble frquency- 10.0kHz, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5? treble level~ -7~ +7? subs -15 ~ +15?

sorry for being a noob but it would be great if someone knows good settings for the best sound. if it helps i want them to pound but not blow

bump............... im trying to get someones help before i go out tonight, somone please help the noob:help: :cry: :crazy: :blackeye:

bump............... im trying to get someones help before i go out tonight, somone please help the noob:help: :cry: :crazy: :blackeye:

errrr... Kinda hard to just say this is the perfect setting.. you have to tune the subs to the proper settings so they sound right and not like ass... Make sure you LFP is on, freq cut off between about 80 - 100 hz, no bass boost, then turn the sub setting on your deck to half-way, then start playing with the gain till you think it sounds right, don't go too high though with the gain or you'll start to distort and have clipping, and that is a good way to ruin your subs...

Back