• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The time has come

Frosty

Hard-core CEG'er
After seemingly fixing my cyl.1 misfire with a new fuel injector, the misfire again reared it's ugly head Tuesday after work. This time I am burning oil (2 quarts low!) and after a compression test, the cylinder is down on compression leading me to believe that my rings are bad. After some thinking I decided not to rebuild the 2.5 and instead go for a 3L swap with a TH trans right away. I like the 2.5 and always told myself that I would never get rid of it unless it blew up, but since I'm going to have her all apart anyways, I figured I might as well upgrade. My dad will be helping me as well as a few other people, but if anybody has any suggestions/pointers I would be open to them.

And so, the time has come to build my car the way I want it and it will all be starting in the next few weeks as I acquire a low mileage 04 escape 3L and go from there. Stay tuned for more updates as progress moves forward.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm still noob at 3L stuff (I've been searching my arse off and calling/pming people like crazy the last few days) but I plan on using SVT cams and port matching the UIM/LIM if that helps.

Yep, me and my dad. If anybody wants to lend a hand I wouldn't turn them away. It's all going to get done in my parents garage over the winter.

EDIT: I figured the best way to learn how to work on this car is to do things on my own because I didn't really learn that much when they were done for me. I know it's a little much to be starting with a motor swap, but you gotta start somewhere...

I saw that trans in the classifieds, but I don't have the money that he is asking for it right now. I can always send mine out to be built when I can afford to do it. Thanks though!

I saw that trans in the classifieds, but I don't have the money that he is asking for it right now.

Usually helps to ask how much i want first, but whatever. It may be sold, i'm waiting on a return PM :shrug:

Anyways good luck with the project.

Back