• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Torque cam caps?

ArtSvt

CEG'er
interested in what everyone uses to torque the cam caps. I know that the the spec is 10 NM, which is about 88.5 in-lbs and my little torque wrench's lowest setting is 120:shrug: Where can I find something smaller?

Stay away from harbor freight expecially when looking for a torque wrench. A brand name tool from Sears or Home Depot will last significantly longer.
It actually works fine and is a quality product. A lot (most?) of Harbor Freight's stuff is complete crap, but I've found that the items that are made in Taiwan as opposed to China are pretty decent. And for the prices, some tools that you don't use constantly but need to have are good to get there.

Stay away from harbor freight expecially when looking for a torque wrench. A brand name tool from Sears or Home Depot will last significantly longer.

While Id say this is true for most of harbor freights stuff, I think its a good buy for someone that needs a tool for a "one time engine build." If its a tool your going to be using consistently over the next 20 years, I'd look somewhere else. FWIW, my harbor freight torque wrench is just as accurate as my friends $200 torque wrench.

Thanks for the response guys, I work at Advance auto and figured if we didnt have it, it might be something hard to find... Also check the local Lowe's and Menards but no luck:shrug: Sears did have one for $80 and for a one time engine build... no thanks, I got my other two for a lot less than that.

Looks like Im gunna have to order one and wait for it..:cry:

Last edited:
Back