• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Optima redtop

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok my battery now is about dead so I am getting a optima redtop. Model 34/78 series with 1000CA and 800CCA with a 100amp reserve. Now I know the terminal posts on top are reversed on the optima, anyone have any sudgestions on how to mount this, or what to do with my battery cables. They are not the most plyable seeing that its almost 10 years old, and they have cracked before and I fixed the cables.

Awsome thanks man. I am getting it from a buddy that works for Advance auto in Alabama, so I will let him know to ship that one to me.

EDIT: He cant get the 34r, so he is gonna ship me the 34/78 and I will just extend the cables or mount it sideways to make it fit, I am also getting new Powdercoated red and black terminal ends.

Last edited:
before i relocated my battery to the trunk, i just yanked on the terminals till they fit; since i bought the red top with the polarity reversed. never had any problems with it.

Good I will make it work 1 way or another. Yes I agree Todd, I will be doing that while I am overseas to make room for the turbo kit.

i just yanked on the terminals till they fit; since i bought the red top with the polarity reversed. never had any problems with it.

x2 with mine, but make sure your terminals are LOW, first time i shut my hood one of the terminals pushed up the hood every slow slightly

Back