• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season

GreaseyMonkey

CEG'er
just picked these up yesterday, and they're getting put on my car right now, size 225-40ZR18. i'll get a review up after a couple days and let everyone know what i think, but just thought i'd get that one out there. pretty much brand new, but is anyone else running these tires?

can read about it here:
http://www.goodyeartires.com/eagle/

edit: they are a bit on the expensive side, but if they live up to what i was talking with the goodyear lady about, they're more than worth it

Last edited:
so first review after just driving 20 miles home from work:
amazingly quiet. i've driven a number of contours, with a number of sets of tires, and these are easily right up in the top for road noise; there's simply none.
felt good at highways speeds ~80mph, very confident tire, no squeaming, very stable. turn-in is very precise, but i do think that the yokohamas i was running (Parada Spec-2) before were probably a better warm-weather tire. those were the best tire for racing-type driving i've been through, but these eagles are really not far behind. the only real difference i could feel in the handling is that the eagles seem to have a bit more sidewall flex, but they hold just as well. i pushed little by little on the 96W->275S ramp here in MI, and got up to ~57 before i hit straightaway for the end of the ramp, and i wasn't a bit shy about it. i'll keep going with these and keep pushing with them, and i'll try to remember to come back here and update them for the winter, but so far i i've got nothing but praise.

Just remember that tires don't usually perform their best until about half of their tread is worn off because until then the tread is prone to tread wiggle which can hurt grip.
Karl

if these are going to perform better as i get through the tread life, then these are easily the best tires i've ever driven on.
i had another couple tests this morning on my way to work:
1 - guy on the freeway didn't really look where he was merging, so i was forced to swerve (looking before i did, of course) and changed lanes real quick, and they didn't lose pace for a second
2 - was changing cds in my player and forgot the road for a moment, ended up slamming the brakes cuz the guy in front of me was slowing down real quick (somebody was pulled over up ahead on the freeway.. you know how it is...)... i just about stopped on a dime at full pressure and not even a moment of ABS.
ah well, sweet tires, as i've been saying.
today, hopefully i'll be able to test the 375N > 75S onramp (oooo, so much fun with the Parada's i had - ~60mph and didn't squeal)

Excellent choise! Mine are all wore ou but still provide excellent traction and minimla road noise.. LOVE EM!

Back