• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Black Face Gauges

silverfrost

CEG'er
i saw the post up here for the white ones, and i was wondering if anyone has ever seen black face gauges for an svt (160 mph). everything else in the car is midnight blue or black and i don't think the white matches at all.

their are no LEDs in the cluster from the factory. just plain white bulbs. if you want your gauges to look like this:

100_0195.jpg

100_0198.jpg

100_0199.jpg

100_0201.jpg

100_0202.jpg

PM me and ill send you the link to where i got my LEDs. keep in mind that although you can change the color LED you will change both the numbers and the needle.

how difficult?

how difficult?

Was surfing around here on the forum looking for something minor i can mod on my car. Noticed the LED lite change on the instrument panel. How complex is it to change out the bulb to a red one? Under the dash behind the dash? Dont want to change out the cluster template just the bulb itself.

Last edited:
if you look about 3 posts down from this one there is a thread titled "interior help" look in there and you can see its pretty simple. i was going to get a how-to written this weekend but my internet has been down till just recently. im going to work on it tomorrow at work when i have nothing else to do (and a faster internet connection).

Back