• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My dead SVT and a new car for me.

RandyCSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
For those of you that don't know my SVT died last Wed. I am in the market for a new car and could use some suggestions. I started a thread in common interests outlining my needs. I would link to it, but I don't know how

Would somebody mind posting a link to that thread and replying with ideas.

Ya give us some details on what you want. My wifes car is for sale. 04 Saturn Ion Redline s/c has recaros 17's. its nice just looking for payoff on it which isnt high

want a "new car" feeling, drop a 3L in that beast, will feel like a new car, without the financing! All this engine blowing makes me sad:cry:

Every one is having issues here lately that sucks. I have to buy at least 2 new 19" tires myself cause the sidewalls are cut:cry: That's going to cost me:blackeye:

That really sucks, man. And you babied the car from the get go (except the few nitrous runs.:laugh: )

All I suggest is getting a turbo'd/supercharged car, if its something your going for.

Whats your price range?

The SVT might get fixed, but I def need a new car. I posted a thread about my budget and what kind of car I want in the common interests section. I just don't know how link to it.

MY CAR IS NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!

It was just the alternator and idler pulley. The mechanic said it sounded just like a blown engine till he took the serp belt off. I guess the bearings in both were shot. The alternator will be replaced under warranty, and it will only cost me $93.

I may still get a new car though. Gotta talk it over with the wife.

Your one luck SOB. But since you started looking for a new car just keep doing so until the time comes.

On a side note, I saw another Black SVT at USF today on my way home. I knew it wasn't yours cause your car was not working and it didn't have a CF hood. I wonder who it could be. Should've left a note.

Last edited:
Randy I am super glad to hear this!!! At least I wasnt the only one who first diagnosed it a blown engine. I could only do so much over the phone lol. Congrats!!!!

Your one luck SOB. But since you started looking for a new car just keep doing so until the time comes.

On a side note, I saw another Black SVT at USF today on my way home. I knew it wasn't yours cause your car was not working and it didn't have a CF hood. I wonder who it could be. Should've left a note.

I saw that same car about two weeks ago @ the lowes on BBD near I75.
Was a young kid.. he sped out too quick for me to stop and chat with

Randy I am super glad to hear this!!! At least I wasnt the only one who first diagnosed it a blown engine. I could only do so much over the phone lol. Congrats!!!!

no worries. My mechanic said it sounded just like rod knock till he checked the alt and idler pulley. Engine sounds blown with the serp belt hooked up, and fine with the belt off. The good thing is it will only cost me $93.

Make sure you all have AAA. It costs me $60 a year, and this one tow was free and would have cost me close to $200.

Cell phone companies usually have a plan that includes 5 miles of free towing for about $3 a month. Some plans it doesn't even have to be your car. If you're just ridin' with somebody they get the free tow.

Anyway, good to hear your car will be OK. If you decide to get a new vehicle, don't give your SVT away to the dealer. Clean it up REAL good & shop around for the best trade in and total bottom line. Some of the small town dealers are willing to give great deals, so drive a little to save a couple grand.

I would rather sell it privately than trade it in. I posted an ad for the car in the classifieds yesterday, and I may post a craigslist ad too.

Back