• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

too crazy? chrome manifold?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
talking to a couple of my buddies asking for ideas on the manifolds as to painting them or whatever and they all said it would look SWEET to chrome them out...

how expensive would that be? and where could i get it done in New England?

don't chrome it out thats ghetto, instead maybe powdercoat it to match your car's paint or something else but chrome is like "everytime i come around bling bling" i dont know about that man

Never mind the bling factor, it will cost a mint to have it chromed. They would have to polish the manifold to a mirror finish before plating it. This is what will cost the most, the labour to polish that sucker!

My buddie has a valve cover in his b18 that looks like chrome but it is a powdercoat. not quite as shiny as chrome but a little better than just a polished aluminum look without the upkeep of the polish

i know that bagged and wa2tuffs manifolds are polished up real nice. i dont know if i have pics or not

edit: found one! goddddd i love that engine bay :drool:

IMG_0586.jpg

Last edited:
you might want to get the car running correctly before you make a nice looking paper weight of that motor ...

Back