• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best looking spot for front license plate

Coutes

CEG'er
I was just wondering where you guys put/mount your license plates other than the front mounting bracket or on the drivers side windsheild. I heard of people mounting it on the lower mesh but would like to see some pics. So if anyone has any pics please post them.

thanks

If I had to put one on I'd do lower mesh. I don't have any pics though. :)

BTW your TRed is one of the cleanest I've seen :cool:

how about your passenger sun visor? my buddy told me he saw a ricer that did that, and i thought it was a good idea. and that was in IL and the cops seem to be strict about having one up front around me

Right where this custom bracket is bolted to.

closeup2.jpg

where could i purchase this mount? and i was wondering does it have to be mounted in the middle or could i modify and move it towards the right side of the mesh.

I put my car in to photoshop quick to check out a couple of spots that it could go. Just curious on which spot you think looks best. I wish i could leave it without a plate in the front but im pretty sure thats illegal in Ma.
contourfront3copy-1.jpg

contourfront2copy-1.jpg

contourfront.jpg

Don't have a braket... or a front plate... and haven't ever been stopped for it.... Have had my SVT since Jan 06... and it's required here in WA :shrug:

DSC03240.jpg

Fogmod.jpg

Last edited:
best looking place for front plate is on someone elses car:laugh:

i went a little while without mine in MA with no problems. But my bumper has like 6 large holes where it used to be, whoever had it before used woodscrews to keep the plate in.. unfortunately it looks better with the plate than without :(

No holes in mine!!! woo hooo!!!! My buddy has a vette w/ no front plate, got a ticket and went to the dealer where he bought the car and asked for a printout of the order form when they oreder his car and the "front mount license plate" was not checked off... so he got out of the ticket saying that his car came from the factory like that, and he wasn't going to ruin an expensive bumper... lol

I think I'm going to have mine filled when i have the front bumper re-sprayed. I'll either go with the mount in the center having attached it through the gaps in the bumper cover to the actual bumper support with some L bracket type engineering or just ditch the front plate completely. I prefer the very clean look of having no front plate. But it's also required here in MN :(

Maybe I'll just make it real easy to take my homemade plate bracket off :) That way I can pull it off when I'm not worried about getting pulled over (car shows and photo shoot type things)

Another easy way to get out of it is just carry the plate and bracket around with you. "sorry officer it fell off earlier today" ;)

Back