• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what do you guys...

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
think my SVT might be worth?

might be selling it to fund another project....
if i can get a decent price for the SVT.

i have no idea what the SVT would be worth, i checked the classifieds and other places and 98's seem to be catching just under $5k.

do you think i might be able to get close to $5k for it?

I'll give you 5 bucks right now!! And I pay cash negro!! :crazy:

Honestly though, I think you could get $5k but it probably wouldn't be on CEG because no one would pay that. Give it some time and I think $5k is possible.

I would say closer to $4500.

I will take your $5 and shove it directly up your arse!
hehe

i figured i couldnt get much more than that for it.
i need to find some punk kid with a hard-on for the car to get a good amount for it.

Might be closer to $4.5k. I think the last time I saw it, there were 4 different brands of tires on it. :)

I think I got just over $4k for my '00, but it had 150,000+ miles on it.

Yeah, but it's always under a cover in the garage - so technically I have not seen it. OK, so maybe I recall the new rims at a meet in Andover a long time ago.

yeah i bought the wheels when i lived in andover. and i have been in lowell for just over 2 years now.

Don't let some punk get it, it will end up in the junk yard with in 6months or something stupid. Like me, I'm sure you have lots of personal time invested into her. Sad thing is, you can't recover that. It almost always makes you second guess selling any car you've done that to.

if i sell it, it will be greatly missed.
and if it does sell, i am keeping my shift knob!
haha
i figure i will sell it eventually, but i better sell it before it rolls over 100K!
or else i will get nothing for it.

What is this other project that you need to fund?

And I just stumbled across your car on craigslist. Price is a little steep... but I guess it's worth a try if you're in no hurry.

I cant believe you gonna sell that beautiful car. Why, WHy do you do this.

Ill buy it.

JK, im in college you fool!!!

Seriously what are you thinking Elky. You are def letting me down. But, if i had the money i would buy it, or i would sell my beautiful car and buy yours, but i love mine too much. Sorry.

lol elky's car is a garage queen, you shouldnt have any problems selling it, I will take ur headlight covers as well :)

but seriously, dont sell it, its not worth much anyways so why part with it?

yes i know the price is steep, but i gotta start somewhere and maybe i will get lucky and someone will offer me a nice price.

goonz, i might give you the headlight covers if you are nice.

trust me this is a very hard decision.
but it could fund the purchase of something i have wanted for a while.
it really all depends on what condition the vehicle is in.
jess was being sneaky again and contemplating purchasing me another car for a gift.
but she was very smart about it and instead of just buying it she told me about it so i can look at it to make sure its in the shape that i want.
not too keen on the color or the tweed interior, but if its as nice as the guy says..then its a steal. especially since he has been trying to get rid of it for a while now. he is ready to wheel and deal.

so i guess i will just jinx myself like i always do and reveal it.
it is a 1957 Chevy 4-door station wagon.
its got a 454ci in it.
the interior is new along with all the windows, weatherstripping and felts.
i have to look at it this week.
Nqzl9YIn9nlIyAh2XnMf5JHX5xB8.jpg

pME91VA2iU5ywxtmVUgBNjWwHqNK.jpg

It's weird. I'm really not that upset that you're thinking of selling, especially since you rarely drive it anymore, and the other cars you have available to eat up your time.
Like Jess said, you're only young once, even though she also said you should keep the SVT and still get the Chevy. heh
Even with the property you have, it's still a bit too much to have all those cars parked everywhere.
Maybe you should sell your house and move too. hehehe

And since the dates are official now I'm wondering, if you sell your car, does that mean you won't attend SZ07 either?
I think we need at least 5-7 people to attend for our little shenanigan to go successfully. So if you don't have your car, then I'm taking the Cougar and you and Jess can be our passengers. heh

well, we are going to move within the next couple of years, once we finish facelifting the house.
and we want a place with a bigger garage than i have now, or enough land ot put one up.
my goal in life is to give Jay Leno a run for his money!
i would love to keep them all!

and even if i do sell the SVT, we will still go to SZ!
either as passengers or in another vehicle we own, like the vic or even the 57 if i get it.
:)

Is the 57 from aroond Manchester. On commercial st., on the way home tonight, a car identical to that drove past me. Okay, I'm no expert on those cars, but it looked just like and was the same color!

Back