• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Even more Modding

I think its ok to do that. I mean there are so many SEvt's on CEG and nobody says anything to them about it. So I say more power to him. Not like anyone over there is going to call him on it :D

rebadging

rebadging

Ok guyz lets not take this one too far. Lets try keep tha thread on saintz ride and not on renaming, rebadging, n wot not. Besides, that subject has been chewed up, regurgitated, and chewed up AGAIN! In other words, its overkill.

Ok guyz lets not take this one too far. Lets try keep tha thread on saintz ride and not on renaming, rebadging, n wot not. Besides, that subject has been chewed up, regurgitated, and chewed up AGAIN! In other words, its overkill.

Thanks mate,

Christ guys take your heads out your backsides:nonono:

All I wanted was some thing US on my car but I may take the bugger off and chuck it on the bloody fire now:shrug:

Keyboard Commando's :nonono:

I dont think I will bother here any more, just stick to the UK forums:cry:

Having an SVT badge on a V6 over here is one of those little mods that make our Mondies a bit different, I notice a lot of you rave about the bumpers on our ST's but to us they are not that special we see loads of them. But if I could get an SVT front bumper for my Mondy it would probably be the talk of the show circuit next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

how do you get the manifold so shiny? or is it just the angle?

some people use tire shine on their engine bay to make it shiney, but its bad for the belts and hoses.

The difference between the SVT motor and the ST200 motor is pretty big, but one can argue that they both were designed to put out the same hosepower raiting.

Either way, I just think its cool that someone over seas is acknowledging and praising something we have over in the states.

Im fine with it, the ST department of Ford over the pond is pretty much what we had here when SVT was thriving. Plus the ST200 motor is very similar to the SVT motor. so who cares?

Thanks mate,

All I wanted was some thing US on my car but I may take the bugger off and chuck it on the bloody fire now:shrug:

OH NO! SOMEONE CRITICIZED MY CAR ONLINE! I'LL HAVE TO LEAVE THE FORUM FOREVER!

don't overreact. if you post pictures, you will get criticism and compliments. if you can't handle both, don't post pictures. easy as that. some people don't think it's right to put badges on a car to signify it is something it's not. does my opinion really bother you that much all the way across an ocean?

Thanks mate,

I wouldn't take too much offense to it. Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone's got one and they usually stink. :laugh:

Having an SVT badge on a V6 over here is one of those little mods that make our Mondies a bit different, I notice a lot of you rave about the bumpers on our ST's but to us they are not that special we see loads of them. But if I could get an SVT front bumper for my Mondy it would probably be the talk of the show circuit next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Well you find a way to make them interchangeable and I'll trade ya ;)

Then we'll both be the talk of the shows. :cool:

I wouldn't take too much offense to it. Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone's got one and they usually stink. :laugh:

lol maybe I did over react but then I am English I am allowed to:laugh: I only came on here as I was pointed in the direction by a mate from USAF when I was in Iraq this year.

My SVT plate was a kind of tribute to US Mondies and I have not seen one on a car over here. I am also looking for the SVT replacements for my Ford ovals front and rear of my car.............please dont pull me down for that:shocked: :crazy:

also if anyone has a spare set in the US:eek: I am sure we can work some thing out:blackeye:

With reference to bumper swops, One of my friends has a saying about car modding along the lines of:-

''NOTHINGS IMPOSSIBLE, IT JUST COSTS MORE TIME AND MONEY''

I managed to make up a bumper using the top half of a Mondy one, the vents off a Focus RS, and the bottom off an MG ZR so I could probably make an SVT one fit

Last edited:
With reference to bumper swops, One of my friends has a saying about car modding along the lines of:-

''NOTHINGS IMPOSSIBLE, IT JUST COSTS MORE TIME AND MONEY''

I managed to make up a bumper using the top half of a Mondy one, the vents off a Focus RS, and the bottom off an MG ZR so I could probably make an SVT one fit

I agree Paul some of the Ford Probe boys are using Escor spoilers turned upside down to make front splitters:cool:

Don't listen to them. IMO, if it is an SVT part, then it's allowed to have "SVT" on it. Same thing if you put an aftermarket Roush or Foose part on your car. Just because it says "Roush" or "Foose" on the part does not mean you are trying to pass your vehicle off as a genuine numbered Roush.

The manifold looks tits mate!
uowboobscq4.gif
As does the very nicely painted IMRC cover.

Last edited:
Back