• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tool to remove plastic clips that secure side skirt?

Bozack

CEG'er
Wondering if there is a tool to remove those plastic push clips that secure the side skirts and the splash sheilds? going to replace one on my own and didn't know what to get.

In for answer.

I PMed you about the splash shield. Mine didn't have those push clips :shrug: But I always wondered about those, I always thought you had to break them and replace them ;)

I used a Phillips head screw driver for most of the plugs on my sideskirt, you just have to be careful not to push up to hard as you're undoing them. The others you need to use a combo of screw drivers and pliers. If they are in OK shape after you get them out they can be reused but most likely you will end up replacing at least a few.

I used a Phillips head screw driver for most of the plugs on my sideskirt, you just have to be careful not to push up to hard as you're undoing them. The others you need to use a combo of screw drivers and pliers. If they are in OK shape after you get them out they can be reused but most likely you will end up replacing at least a few.

Exactly I have removed many of those type of clips and most can be reused most of the time. You just need to be careful, don't rush it.

Regards,
AF

You have to remove the center spreadder or you'll wreck the fastener. That might work after that is done, but a screwdriver and a pocket knife to slip under the edge of the plastic screw or push pin is the best thing I have found.

AF

Back