• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anybody have one of these

ok then ill ask lol

are they any good? Do you get the 8 flywheel bolts to replace the bolts youve tooken off yur old flywheel? Are they worth spending the money on them and is there any negative things buying this flywheel other than the price? Any info appreciated thanks :)

forgot to add, if u dont get the 8 flywheel bolts where can u buy them from please, as i really dont think its safe to reuse the bolts as they might already be stressed if this makes sense, maybe apr sells some? Any info appreciated thanks :)

They sure make a lot of vague claims for that thing. Faster shifting? Easier heel/toeing? Easier on the engine bearings? Lighter vehicle weight? Okay, that one I'll agree with. :laugh: But then you could get that same result by going on a diet. :idea:
Karl

Really. Synchro life is probably shortened due to all of those "faster shifts" the flywheel allows. :crazy:
Karl

I'll agree that lightweight flywheels are harder on your syncros. With the RPM's dropping much faster due to the lightweight flywheel, you are forced to jam it quickly into the next gear to grab the next gear smoothly.

Back