• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Accord

what the hell happened to that car?

It used to look pretty nice, I like the headlights, but they look too... Angled upwards. It reminds me way to much of a fish, especially with that line all the way down the side of the car, what the hell is up with that? its not design, it looks like someone backed down their driveway and nicked a jagged edge. *vomits*

BMW 5 Series+Altima+Camry+Ridgeline=:blackeye: I liked the current to 2007 Accord a lot when it came out. I suspect black or red will help, it always does:cool:

Regardless of how ugly it is it's still going to sell well :shrug: (the previous body style proved that) and the car magazines are still going to praise it. Motor Trend did a mini comparison against it and their '07 Car of the Year (Camry) and the Accord won:nonono: The coupe isn't bad, but i'll have to see it in person to decide if I like it or not

If we pay close attention and compare the rear end of this new accord to the bmw 3 series (2006,2007), it does look familiar...

#1 thing wrong with it is the griille. #2 is the bumper. #3 is the wheels. Fix all those things and it would be "OK" looking. But still not as good as the Ford Fusion or Saturn Aura. Even the new Malibu coming out looks better :blackeye:

Looks like a cross between a Malibu and a 300 to me. The past few years the accord is nice looking....this not so much

Looks like a cross between a Malibu and a 300 to me. The past few years the accord is nice looking....this not so much

Have you seen the new Chevy Malibu?

Chevrolet-Malibu-2-lg.jpg

Aside from the grille the new malibu actually looks decent. Reminds me of the new jetta.

What the heck are they putting in that thing? And are those horses in the top of the line model or in everyone the produce?

3.6L DOHC VVT V6 thats the optional motor, the base motor is a 2.4L I4 with 167 horses.

But given trends, more of the V6 will sell than the I4.

08accord.jpg

looks pretty good without badges too.

imho, it looks more like the love child of a 6-series and a sonata..not too shabby. but the sedan is ugly.

Back