• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

altenator whine correct me if im wrong on this fix

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
ok so its a pioneer head unit. in the back i have 1 road thunder mtx amp pushing a Ed shallow 10" sub. also have a kicker 350.4 that runs my speakers. my speaker wires and rca's run on one side the power on the other side. the ground brings both wires of the amp to a juntion fuse box then goes out to the bolt as one ground. i get alt noise only sumtimes. mostly when i run the car hard. now if i upgrade my engine grounds and relocate the amp grounds to the lower body will this start to fix the problem. im just tired of the noise and being asked if i have a supercharger.

ok so its a pioneer head unit. in the back i have 1 road thunder mtx amp pushing a Ed shallow 10" sub. also have a kicker 350.4 that runs my speakers. my speaker wires and rca's run on one side the power on the other side. the ground brings both wires of the amp to a juntion fuse box then goes out to the bolt as one ground. i get alt noise only sumtimes. mostly when i run the car hard. now if i upgrade my engine grounds and relocate the amp grounds to the lower body will this start to fix the problem. im just tired of the noise and being asked if i have a supercharger.

I would recommend the ground upgrade at the batter as well as relocating your ground to the body instead of a bolt, also make sure you scrape away any paint before grounding, makes a better connection. Sometimes poorly shielded RCA's can be the problem as well... get dual twist or better if you can... Do the easy things 1st...

They also have what is called a ground loop isolator you can buy for that. One more question for you though. is it a newer pioneer that has the rca harness that plugs in the back? if so there is another not so pretty but effective approach

They also have what is called a ground loop isolator you can buy for that. One more question for you though. is it a newer pioneer that has the rca harness that plugs in the back? if so there is another not so pretty but effective approach

Ground Loop Isolator = Bandaid

One more question for you though. is it a newer pioneer that has the rca harness that plugs in the back? if so there is another not so pretty but effective approach

Huh??

VIII. Don't connect all of your amplifier ground wires under one bolt. Contrary to belief, this is not required if the rest of the system is installed properly. If you do connect more than one power ground wire under a single bolt, you run the risk of amplifier ground modulation. This is caused by the current demands of, for example a woofer amp, modulating the power ground wire of a tweeter amp. This results in a squeaking noise that can be heard over the tweeters whenever bass notes hit.

http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

??

Is it a RPM whine?

If it was me, Id crimp both grounds together, lose that junction box dealio, and Ground loop thing... and bolt on 2shorty wires in the trunk.

Then, Id check my power wire and spark plug wires. and make sure its not close to the coilpack or plugs...

Then, If still there, Id disconnect the Sub amp completely, and see if noise still there with just the kicker powered.

If still there, Id disconnect the Sub RCA's from the deck and amp.

Or, Id turn off the Sub Out from the pioneer if you can defeat it.

If still there, its the Kicker amp wiring thats bad Id say eh? or vice versa?

Where do you have the ground bolt on your install at? I grounded mine real close to the left of the spare tire well.

Last edited:
THERE'S THAT WEBSITE!!! I found that site one other time, and every other search I haven't been able to find it! Nice!!!!

well i guessing its the crap mtx amp ive had fix twice. other things have come up and i havent had time to replace it yet. so ill upgrade grounds first then replace amp

The newer pioneer hu the rca plugs arent technically a part of the hu as before. they have a sep harness that plugs in then you have your outputs. There is a way to fix these if it is the hu that is the problem. as far as the ground loop isolater. i just made an easy suggestion.

no doug i havent gotten that far yet. im having my rents bring me tools up to college so i can get started working on my car up here. what are the 3 agian?

Back