• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre98 in HDRI

Thanks for the positive crits. I actually ran the tonemapping a little darker to hide the reflection of me (if that's what you were referring to by depth). I actually intend to reshoot the car soon with a couple different techniques to play around with the idea more.

But I can't agree with HDR getting old. I'm actually going to start using it as a means to tie in a photography package with my web design services. To each their own though! :)

Edit:
Here's the same RAW file. This is exactly how it looked outside today (and why I find HDRI so appealing):

CSEnonHDR.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, although lately a lot of cars have been shot in HDR so it is kind of getting old. As for how to do it properly just do a google search. 30D's have a setting that makes it easier. Mess around with it some more, particularly your aperture instead of shutter speed and you should be able to get more depth of field.

I read not to change the aperture, and only the shutter speed. You sure your right on this one?

PRE98 your doing New York Proud!

outside wheel weights.. Says who?

Its called dual plane balancing: sometimes required.. sometimes desired... more people do it than you think.

I have a question about HDRI...

Do you need a special camera for it? or can it be done with a conventional digital camera and Photoshop?

You need a camera that you can manually adjust the exposure levels.

Higher end digital Still cameras have those features, such as the Canon SI and the Fujifilm S700.

You take three (or more, depending on the range of exposure levels you can get) shots with a tripod and then use HDR software (Photoshop DOES have an HDR filter/plugin but it isn't AS good as a standalone) to combine all the shots together.

wow billdo, im really impressed. when are you coming to cleveland?? i'm actually in buffalo now, but will be real busy tomorrow. might be headed to M&M. i'll call you

Back