• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

seat belt button question

Cinder

CEG'er
Not sure what you call the part, but it holds your seat belt about halfwway up so that it is easy to grab when putting it on. I called ford and they want 20.00 for a pack of four buttons. Is there a place others have ordered this part that is cheaper or do you just make something. Let me know. Thanks

Not sure what you call the part, but it holds your seat belt about halfwway up so that it is easy to grab when putting it on. I called ford and they want 20.00 for a pack of four buttons. Is there a place others have ordered this part that is cheaper or do you just make something. Let me know. Thanks

Back when I was selling Fords, I took a '92 Taurus GL on trade. The older chap who owned it was short, so he devised a way to keep the belt from running too far out of reach. He used a roach clip.

For an actual Motorcraft part, I'd call Steve at Tousley Ford -- 800-328-9552 -- and see what he comes up with.

I would think just about anyhting would do. Off the top of my head, why not put a big bead of glue there to stop the buckle falling all the way to the floor.

I just grabbed a few from the junkyard for our Mystique. They were missing when we got the car and the seatbelt was such a pain to find when you get in the car.

Just hit up a junkyard near you.

For an actual Motorcraft part, I'd call Steve at Tousley Ford -- 800-328-9552 -- and see what he comes up with.

Thanks for the number. I was able to get a hold of Steve and I ordered a packet for $10.00 shipped.

Back