• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Found shifter. Can anyone tell if this is a Steeda or B&M

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
So I have this extra short throw shifter. It is in fantastic shape but I'm not sure if it is a Steeda or B&M. I'm leaning more toward B&M. Does anyone know the length of these two brands? Can anyone tell from the pics?

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Looks like the B&M or a ripoff. Its definately not the Steeda.

I have a Steeda installed now on my SVT and I did not pay close enough attention to the tiny details of it but what makes you believe it is definitely not a Steeda?

I have a Steeda installed now on my SVT and I did not pay close enough attention to the tiny details of it but what makes you believe it is definitely not a Steeda?

Specifically, the lockout section isn't long enough. I just yanked out my broken B&M less than a month ago and put in a Steeda and compared the two before the install. I also still have the B&M here and I compared it to the picture in the first post. It is not a Steeda.

I have had both, and I agree that it is not a Steeda tri ax. It is either a B&M or an el cheapo such as an OBX or whatever.

Yea you guys are right. The Steeda is longer below the ball than this one. I have the Steeda so I don't know what I was thinking :crazy:. Long work days will do that to ya.

I guess I just have to determine if it is a B&M. I believe I still have the contact info from the guy I got this off of. So worst comes to worst I can try to get a hold of him again and find out.

^ I think the steeda did due to the longer length the pivot ball is on from what i've read. but you need an adapter plate to run the steed IIRC.

i have a b&m. mine doesnt look like that. i believe mine is a shifter from back when the svt it came off of was new.

Back