• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 95 GL

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
We did a little photo shoot back in July, and I realized we never posted them back then.
So here they are

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/klafortune/GL/

some of my favorites of the lil ******:

P7233046.jpg

P7233052.jpg

P7233055.jpg

P7233045.jpg

Is it riding higher in front than it is in back? You don't have Duratec-oriented springs/struts on there do you? I remember someone posting back in the day who had that problem.

Is it riding higher in front than it is in back? You don't have Duratec-oriented springs/struts on there do you? I remember someone posting back in the day who had that problem.
I figured someone would point that out. :eek:
yes dammit. I wanted to save some cash last year, so I threw the Cougar's stock struts/springs on there because they had such low miles on them. I needed to do something before winter arrived.
We realized a couple days after putting them on "oh gee, V6 springs/struts on an I4, ya think maybe they're made to hold up more weight?" derr
I did compare parts numbers before attempting the install, and of course they were slightly different, but I was too stubborn to care.
They got me through the winter safely, so whateva.

We completely replaced all of that this past August with the proper OEM parts. And there is finally no longer that blasted clunk noise!!!!

that first pic is so sweet! How did you get that effect? luck or skill?
not so much skill, but timing.
We went out about an hour or so before the sun went down.
I think the shade from the tree helped make the shadowed areas a bit darker.

And of course luck, considering it's a darn 2.1 MP camera.

I figured someone would point that out. :eek:
yes dammit. I wanted to save some cash last year, so I threw the Cougar's stock struts/springs on there because they had such low miles on them. I needed to do something before winter arrived.
We realized a couple days after putting them on "oh gee, V6 springs/struts on an I4, ya think maybe they're made to hold up more weight?" derr
I did compare parts numbers before attempting the install, and of course they were slightly different, but I was too stubborn to care.
They got me through the winter safely, so whateva.

We completely replaced all of that this past August with the proper OEM parts. And there is finally no longer that blasted clunk noise!!!!
heh .. at least yours was unintentional. I remember that other guy being upset because he bought his new directly from the dealership thinking that they knew what they were ordering.

The car looks spectactular otherwise, especially for one that's been a beater more than half its life!

The car looks spectactular otherwise, especially for one that's been a beater more than half its life!

Thanks.
That's pretty much how we see it. It's got its quirks and flaws, but considering it was a Boston car most of its life, we wonder how the hell it's still alive! :laugh:

Very nice and very clean. :cool:
Looks good!!

Back