• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pittsburgh people: photoshoot?

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
Is anyone in the pittsburgh area interested in trying to take a group photo for the calendar? I figure we can use this thread to discuss ideas about locations and such. It's just a thought. I need to drive around south park some more and look for photo locations.

Why can't there be a Mystique in the pictures?
I think it would be nice to have an SVT, a Mystique and a Contour. You cover all the bases, would be a cool shot IMO.

Can't wait to see some pictures. I don't get to see you guys that often so when you take pictures, I like to see them. :)

We should work out a time that would be good for everyone. need to get ahold of scott too since he hasn't been on the forum in a few weeks. Yes a Mystique would be fine for the shots. The biggest things are location and time. Its more about when you take the pictures than where. But again that depends on the location.

Joe, don't really need a cameraman, I have that covered (and I think Kevin has better camera equipment than I do) but you are welcome to head out here to hang out or take pictures too.

I want to experiment with HDR some, but with the large number of people doing HDR shots, they won't all be chosen. I think allowing HDR shots was a mistake because 90% of the time they look alot better and take less skill to make them look good. I'm going to try and make a point to make sure that the whole calendar isn't HDR pictures.

I picked up a polarizing filter which should make the pictures even better.

I agree, it limits a lot of people from making it.

I don't see what you mean by this. It doesn't really limit anyone because even the most basic cameras have the exposure level adjustment to do HDR. It could limit people by allowing more entries that look calendar worthy as a result of HDR. I'm just worried about having a calendar dominated by HDR pics. Sure one or two is fine, but it seems like everyone is doing it.

Hey, I'm back, my computer decided it wanted to live again. :laugh: What about a Mcconnils Mills shoot? Nice valleys, huge boulders, a creek. Whatta ya'll think. I go back towork on the 23rd, so after that it'd have to be later in the day. Let me know.

I don't see what you mean by this. It doesn't really limit anyone because even the most basic cameras have the exposure level adjustment to do HDR. It could limit people by allowing more entries that look calendar worthy as a result of HDR. I'm just worried about having a calendar dominated by HDR pics. Sure one or two is fine, but it seems like everyone is doing it.

I understand most of the cameras today have the exposure adjustments. But, not everyone has the money to shell out for a $250+ program to do the HDR process.

I'm too tired to build off of what I was getting at, so I'll have to finish this later.

Ryan, I was kidding about the cameraman comment, I know you are as protective of your camera as your car :p.

Seriously though, IM me about this. If I'm in the area I'd love to drop by to hang out and watch/offer suggestions/be generally annoying.

Any word on when this is happening? I will be home this weekend, but that will be the last time I will make it back until late Sept. Keep me posted.

Sorry guys looks like I'm not going to be able to make it. I have some stuff to do around town before I head back to Philly. Good luck with the shoot though. I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics.

Back