• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another craigslist SVT

Not bad at all, I'd pick it up if I were in a position to. A Tropic Green CSVT was what I originally wanted but there was not one available in the condition I insisted upon when I got my Frost Silver CSVT. Hope someone here grabs it!

CNewton seems to have found a rarer find. :) I am sure you guys will hear about it tomorrow. I hope he gets it.

Yes he did. Air bags might have been deployed in it since the covers weren't lined up rights. There was a problem with the sunroof and the tranny was well. I am sure he can give a better description than me. :)

Did you go and look at it?
Yes I did. As Elrado said it was very obviously in an accident. The covers for the air bags were misaligned and the steering wheel one had been broken open. Before I test drove it I opened the sunroof and took off. I think the tranny is probably fine, but it was quite obvious that it needs a lower motor mount. When he put it in gear, I dont think I have ever seen an engine move so much. Aside from that, it needs all new brakes too. When we got back to his dealership I tried to close the sunroof and I could see when I pushed the button that the power left the switch. He kept tryin to tell me "Oh its a factory sunroof and its just gotta be the fuse." Yet I could tell it was not factory because I looked under the dash and could see the crappy wiring job for it.

Anyways, I am still thinkin about offering him 500 bucks for it. If nothin else, I want the seats out of it.

Yes I did. As Elrado said it was very obviously in an accident. The covers for the air bags were misaligned and the steering wheel one had been broken open. Before I test drove it I opened the sunroof and took off. I think the tranny is probably fine, but it was quite obvious that it needs a lower motor mount. When he put it in gear, I dont think I have ever seen an engine move so much. Aside from that, it needs all new brakes too. When we got back to his dealership I tried to close the sunroof and I could see when I pushed the button that the power left the switch. He kept tryin to tell me "Oh its a factory sunroof and its just gotta be the fuse." Yet I could tell it was not factory because I looked under the dash and could see the crappy wiring job for it.

Anyways, I am still thinkin about offering him 500 bucks for it. If nothin else, I want the seats out of it.

Offer $500 for it and see what happens. He just might bite. And those seats....oh those seats. I would help with the interior swap. mmmmmmmmm.

Offer $500 for it and see what happens. He just might bite. And those seats....oh those seats. I would help with the interior swap. mmmmmmmmm.
Im gonna give it a while and see if someone buys it.(I highly doubt it). Then I will move in for the kill. Most of the car would prolly get scrapped. I dont really want a car thats been in a major accident.

But ill give it some time then we will see. Maybe ill see if he will trade straight up for my Marquis.:laugh:

Im gonna give it a while and see if someone buys it.(I highly doubt it). Then I will move in for the kill. Most of the car would prolly get scrapped. I dont really want a car thats been in a major accident.

But ill give it some time then we will see. Maybe ill see if he will trade straight up for my Marquis.:laugh:

I bet he would and a few hundo

Back