• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lazer cut window tint: easier to install?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
so ive been wanting window tint for a while and i found a lazer cut to exact fit tint kit off ebay, and im just wondering if it will be easier to install...? ive never done window tint before so im obviously not good at it, so is it doable but a noobie?

I have seen a local shop that has that system and it does not come out as good as an experienced old fashioned tint shop. I would not recommend trying it on your own.

If you must do your own window tint I would at least experiment on the door windows before you move onto the rear windshield. Tint is a real pain in the ass to take off of rear defroster windows.

Ya I also was interested in getting one of these kits, they are like 30 bucks for everything.....

But then again I was thinking of doing it to a car that I am selling...

- Amyn

I would sit in a car with 20% first. It is a real pain in the ass to see out the windows at night once you drop below 35%. I made the mistake of getting 13%, and I can't see out my rear window when backing out of streets that are not very well lit. And good luck finding a street name at night with your windows rolled up. I have actually had to drive around with my windows rolled down to find a friend's house.

Going that low also doesn't really make the car much cooler either, the main reason I wanted to get 13% tint, to block out more heat and light.

x2 on that^^^^^^ 20 is really dark at night, I had to roll around with my front windows down at night to be able to see anything.

I got 25 in the back and windshield strip, 35 front.
I've never had problems seeing at night with mine, I can still see through :D...and I wash my car often :)

Last edited:
im going 20% which is illegal so i wont get a warentee i believe.

Yeah, they won't give you a warranty...AND YOU WON"T PASS INSPECTION, either! MA is HUGE on tint for inspection... 35% with the factory solar tint just BARELY makes the legal line with inspection shops here in MA.

Back