• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

quick help identifying an old car

CarpePoon

Hard-core CEG'er
What kind of ford is this?? Its a 1935 Ford __________ . please fill in the blank, this is not a contest it is something we are trying to figure out at work. Thanks!! I'm thinking its a Tudor slantback but I want to make sure. Is there an official name for it?
2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
'34 Tudor?

tudor.gif

Edit: Several models, but your looks like it is a chopped '35 Tudor Slantback. There was a Humpback version...

Last edited:
Actually, it's a 35, not a 34, your can tell by the grille, 35 had a different grill than the 33-34, also the hood side vents and such are different. 35 through 39 or 40 there was a somewhat gradual change in style in the Fords, similar to the 55-57 Chevy's.

Here's a 35 Phaeton:
1935-Ford-Phaeton-red-stock-ggr.jpg

VS a 34 Phaeton:
preview_10.jpg

I do believe you're right though about the body style being a Tudor slantback.

:EDIT: Doh! I just re-read your first post and noticed you already knew it was a 35, my bad.

that looks like a show car...but if it is one, wtf didn't the guy clean behind the tire that goes on the trunk!? i mean dayum

Well other than that it looks like the pics were taken because of an accident, I'm sure cleaning behind the spare tire is the least of that guys worries with that fender ruined like that.

Back