• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Driver's School at PIR

Hmmm...gotta take a Friday off? Dangit if Mondays aren't my days off. I could probably switch it.
D - I hear what you're saying, but it's also an excellent and controlled environment to get to know the limits of you and your own car.

if i ever do any race lessons, i won't be using my own car. i'd much rather use the school's cars to beat up on.

As long as your car's maintenance is kept up, you don't grind gears/drop the clutch/etc., and you don't wreck, there's not much beating up happening, aside from a bit of tire wear. The car just gets to have some fun, and do what it was designed to do -- drive! :cool: As a bonus, you get to have fun too!

Also, any school that provides cars for the students will cost substantially more than 165 bucks. ;)

Marty

i hear ya, and my car does high rev very smoothly, especially because i rarely do it. but my clutch is all worn to hell, so i don't think i would get much out of it this time around. i may consider it in the future, though.

Back