• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cold Air Intakes...

Cause the $50.00 kits are crap, the intake tube is skinnier than the stock accordian, the filter element is restrictive and you have to move a few of the hoses to where they put the holes.

I have 1 for shows and thats all its for cause its all polished and looks better than my 4 year old kkm. I can tell a differance between my kkm and the ebay special.

i would of gone with the Ebay kit, to replace the rubber restrictive accordian intake, but i didnt know that the ebay kits were smaller in diamater. You sure about that Ryan? anyways i have the SP Motorsports wich IMO is the best intake made for the SVT but 1) they no longer make it, and 2) it was the most expensive damn intake , but it is very free flowing, jet hot coated, and it doesnt reduce down to restrict anywhere in the entire kit, plus i had a buddy port it out a bit around edges, and couplings.

Yes the intake tube is smaller than the accordian, I didnt belive it when someone told me and I tested it by putting the ebay tube inside the accordian and still had room on the sides. Its alot smaller.

These are the clearest ones I have here at work, if they arent good enough I will take some when I get home tonight if my camera wants to act right.

KKM
5y2ku8k.jpg

Cheapo ebay
4u0i32b.jpg

I have the ebay kit on my cougar, and haven't had any problems. The accordian tube shrinks in size, so at one end it is bigger and smaller at the other. I haven't bothered to replace the filter yet, but haven't had any problems with it. The general consensus on Newcougar is that the pipe is the same on all kits, so you pay for the name and the filter (when you can buy a filter later).

edit- the accordian looks like it doesn't shrink on the svt, the smaller size applies to the normal 2.5 only.

Last edited:
i have a weapon-r secret weapon intake kit, its expensive, but the only one i had that i felt a difference with, i had a KKM, I had a drop in K&N with BAT Pipe, an Injen, and an AEM. The only one I felt a noticable butt dyno difference with was the weapon-r secret weapon intake.

mine is custom made 3 inch mandrel bent aluminum
2545349_61_full.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have personal experience with the weapon R, but I've heard that its the only kit where the filter breaks down. Buy a bomz kit and give it k&n or aem

Back