• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A brief summary of my night

steelblueSE

Hard-core CEG'er
I was getting ice cream with the ol lady and I spotted this praying mantis. I never knew they had wings. Looks like its kinda smiling at you. It turned out really good despite using a 1.3mp cameraphone.

Later on at my buddys place some friends of mine leave and do this:

I'm not too mad about it seeing as how its not coming out of my pocket. Ish happens I guess. :(

Yep, sliced a hole right through the door skin. The car that hit mine was a pos Olds Royale, the girls father hit something with it and somehow there were pieces of metal coming off the bumper which I'm guessing sliced my door. It was dark out so it was hard to tell. The driver said their rear window was fogged and they couldnt see anything :shrug:

Hey. Hey! Everything is OK. You didn't have a drunk broad jumping on your hood like a trampoline.

Cool mantis. :laugh:

Hope all is going well about your car... as for the Mantis, I just saw a one stuck in between my windows...... I didnt take a picture but I helped it out.

- Amyn

^ :shocked: Wow, isn't that a bit rediculous ? How much can a new door cost ? owell. i guess since your not payin for it, it's "all good" ... not to your buddy tho ;)

couldn't you just have your buddy pay your deductable ? or do you not wan to make a claim ?

I got a guy up here in Mass that would probably bang that out for a nickel. Might be a little far, though. :cool:

Took it to the bodyshop today, estimate was $1,661.56...ouch

Wow, that's half the cost of what my black SVT was quoted when it got totaled...and I needed two new door skins, new front fender, rear quarter panel work, a new E0 wheel, paint, and an alignment.

I'd get a 2nd opinion.

The bodyshop I took it to has been very reliable in the past and is where we take our accidents to be repaired. The door skin alone was $350. I guess there was more damage than the pic showed.

Back