• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tint

CrashDummy

CEG'er
What is the legal limit on tints? Any pictures of what this looks like? About how much would it cost to get tint done professionally?

That answers varies from state to state, in California by the letter of the law there is to be no artificial substance covering the windows. But most officers use the rule that if they can see who the driver is it's ok along with having both side mirrors. On 4 door sedans the rears can be blacked out along with back window.

in MI you can tint the back windows whatever you want, you can paint that **** if you wanted to, you're only required to have the obvious three, driver, passenger, and windshield.
Word. The front side windows in Ohio are max 50%, but you can get away with 20% and not get bugged by the cops.

Like everyone has said, tint laws vary by state and locality, and in most cases are very vague. Tint pricing also varies, so your best bet is to find someone local and ask for an estimate.

n16908665_34331223_8939.jpg

There's mine. The previous owner put it on, so I couldn't tell you what it is for sure. I just know it's probably illegal in Iowa.

I stopped one day to ask our local police chief about my area and he told me there are several conflicting laws on the book, so it's mostly at the officers discretion, this is just speculation, but that's probably how it is in a lot of places.

I got a warning from the county sheriff (ass!!) here. He says the tint is 43% on the mystique. I have no plans on removing it. I will fight it to the end :laugh: .

Back