• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got 2 Tickets Today- $400

2000myst

Veteran CEG'er
Soo,

On my way to work today at 6:50am I was on route 93 North right before the split going to 293. I was in traffic in the left lane. I was going about 80 with triffic until i came around a corner and I saw a cop pulled over with a radar detector. He was outside of his car. I looked at my speedo and it said 75, so I thought I wa all set. I drove lets say a half mile and I saw him catching up to me with his lights on. I moved into the next lane, I wanted to take the 293 split and he pointed at me to pull over, then he came on his loud speaker and started yelling at me. So I pull over and he goes and pulls over another guy, so i was like WTF? I stopped and he walks back to my car and yells at me to pull in front of the other guy. At first i thought he might think that I was tailgating or something. He comes over and asks for my license and reg. I politely ask him. "Sir, may I ask what I am being pulled over for?", he goes " Are you insulting my intelligence, do you think I'm stupid, that I pull people over for fun?" I'm like "No sir", He goes. "You just talked yourself into two tickets" Im saying to myself wtf. He got me for not having a front plate($150), it was on my back seat, so he saw it when he came up to the car, if it wasnt there i wouldnt have gotten the ticket. he also wrote me a ticket for going 81 in a 65, thats a $250 ticket.

Now, i have never gotten a ticket or had an accident, so he obviously saw it in his computer. What an *******. Then he has to balls to tell me to have a nice day and to drive safely, after being very disrespectful.

Well, I'm going to court to ask the judge for lenancy b/c it was my first offense. i think it will work. I mean, why me?, there were 6 cars in front of me and 1 behind me. I hate ****ing ego-tripping cops. Piss me off.

1 mph less and the ticket would have been $150, if he put me at 75 like i was going it would have been a $100 ticket. Now, i wont really contest the plate thing, b/c it wasnt on there, but that guy was a blatant asswipe.

Sorry this was long. I know you guys are sick of reading these things. I just wanted to vent. Rant over.

that sucks man, in MA reguardless of how many tickets you have they usually are cool if you appeal it because it shows you took the time to dress nice and take off time from work/school/being a couchpotato...i got bagged the other day in the GLI

cop comes up to my window and goes "whats up" and i was like ahhh, hows it going...

anyways he clocked me at 45 in a 30...he was the coolest cop to ever stop me, gave me a written warning then gave me directions cause i was lost, haha

One of the things I've come to notice is that you can never be the "aggressor" in this situation. Don't ask questions that will throw the cop off his routine and piss him off. I've been pulled over twice and both times I have let the cop speak to me first, then given them one word answers to their questions unless prompted further. Instead of asking them why, let them ask you first and answer "no", then let them tell you. The less words you say the better.

Second, I'm willing to bet he tagged you because of the distinctive vehicle. He could very easily remember it in his mind even 1 mile later. Secondly, being a modified car he probably already had it in his head that you were a young punk before he walked up to you. Doesn't matter how polite you think you are (and I know you're polite), any words coming out of your mouth have already been accepted as sarcasm.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though. Sorry to hear about the tickets, good luck appealing. A judge with any sympathy would look at your clean record and see the fact that the cop put "81" on the ticket instead of "80" (or lower). That action alone shows his character in the situation. It is respectable you won't be contesting the front plate ticket too, though not sure if the judge would take that into consideration.

ive been stopped 37 times....and ive got to say reguardless of how polite and respectful i am (never overboard because then it seems you are being dispresctful) and some officers just want to write tickets, it doesnt matter what you say or how minor or major the infraction was, they legitimately want to write tickets, and thats fine because if drivers didnt do anything out of line they couldnt write those tickets...i have nothing against police as a whole and i have only run into 1 police officer that was constantly out of line with tickets/stops...but people complained enough in my hometown and now he has a desk job

You're lucky he let you off that easy. I'm pretty sure the speed limit goes down to 55 in that area because you're approaching Manchester.

A lot of times if you're the last car in a line of people going fast, you get nabbed because it's just easier to get the last couple guys.

You're lucky he let you off that easy. I'm pretty sure the speed limit goes down to 55 in that area because you're approaching Manchester.

A lot of times if you're the last car in a line of people going fast, you get nabbed because it's just easier to get the last couple guys.

very true, has happened to me before...one time i said but i was in traffic and the police officer said "well it doesnt matter what they were doing and i cant pull everyone over"....and he was right, cause i was in fact speeding but was unlucky enough to be the last one in line

very true, has happened to me before...one time i said but i was in traffic and the police officer said "well it doesnt matter what they were doing and i cant pull everyone over"....and he was right, cause i was in fact speeding but was unlucky enough to be the last one in line

That is why you NEVER speed if you are the last one in a pack. Well, you should be speeding anyways.

Kinda like when whole caravans getting pulled over.
It happened to about 7-9 NE NECO people on their way to Cougarfest one year.
Thankfully I left at a different time so I wasn't in that caravan.

that sucks.
as everyone has said, fight it.
and seeing that it is your first offense you might get lucky.

i always thought that they couldn't ticket you for speeding if you were in a group of people, except if you were leading the pack.

as for the plate ticket....i don't think there is anything you can do for that, since most judges have heard all the excuses by now.

LOL I am so ticket prone I dont understand it..... Like I usually speed a bit over the limit with traffic.....The car is loud as hell....

but I dont understand a cop in my City stops my friend for going 40 MPH in a 25 and he crossed a red light when it was RED for more than Half a block... I told my friend to just stop. He did before the cop did a U-Turn and turned on his lights! and my friend tells the cop Im sorry I know i dont have my license on me and here is my reg and ins. I had to go to the bathroom and I have a bladder issue....

Cop says almost instantly after looking at the paperwork for 2 seconds, Im gonna let you go this time but next time your getting a couple summons!:nonono:

If that were me I woulda been suspended for another 120 Days...

- Amyn

$400 to $310, not bad

$400 to $310, not bad

Yup, I am bring this one back to life.

I had my court date this morning. It went well, but not as good as it should of. I was scheduled for 8:15am like the rest of the people and I ended up leaving there at 10:45!
The judge wasn't even on time, they had to go look for him. The whole time he had his head in his hands, mumbling. He found everyone guilty. However, I was 1 of 2 people to get my fines reduced.
Its funny, I went to testify and I looked at the guys papers and he was friggin doodling. WTH????

anyway, im tired, ill fill in the rest of the exciting day tomorrow. Yes, it gets better. ahaha

The cops were out today! There were *two* chilling in tandem in the Turnpike northbound speed trap (after exit 11). I saw cruisers everywhere and one of my coworkers got a warning for failure to stop, after sliding through an intersection.

Glad to hear your tickets were reduced ... if not as much as they should have been. I'd have probably been too intimidated to do it but that judge needs a serious talking to regarding his attitude in court.

Yikes! I got pulled over for driving a little too fast last month. I was speeding, he let me know that(violation one), he also let me know he wanted to test my tint (40% over the legal limit without a tint sticker - violations 2 and 3) and when I was looking for my registration he saw my front plate in the glove box (violation 4) and he saw my tassel from college hanging off the mirror (violation 5) he had to flip the ticket over and write on the back. He then went looking for my VIN in more then one place (he claimed a rather large percentage of cars are stolen with bogus paperwork) and couldn't find another VIN anywhere on my car. He wouldn't accept the signed, framed, and behind glass SVT certificate - he spent ~10 min looking for another VIN...
He then made me come sit in his truck and chit chat about the weather and his job while he verified my DL - and then told me I was getting 5 warnings and to have a nice day :crazy:

I've got to say - that was the most pleasant state trooper ever. The first trooper that pulled me over in my pickup (93 in a 55 - he was pissed off) sprayed spit out of his mouth because he was yelling at me so loudly :mad:

Congrats on getting your fines lowered - sure helps around this season...

The cops were out today! There were *two* chilling in tandem in the Turnpike northbound speed trap (after exit 11). I saw cruisers everywhere and one of my coworkers got a warning for failure to stop, after sliding through an intersection.

Glad to hear your tickets were reduced ... if not as much as they should have been. I'd have probably been too intimidated to do it but that judge needs a serious talking to regarding his attitude in court.

i snuck up to deering, NH 2 weekends ago just to pick up an old school bmx bike and i saw a good 12 NH state police cruisers along the way, it was insane!

glad the fines got reduced, especially so close to the holidays

Back