• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics of the MINI...NOT in the driveway!

I would like to think that if the car had 4.30 gearing the gears in the tranny would be changed out as well. I'm sure a 4.30 final drive w/ the way the gearing in the tranny is now would have you not taking advantage of things for sure, but the bottom line is this, a 3.0L CSVT shouldn't beat this car in a drag race.

BTW, is your Dad going to be keeping that "collector car" he's got:confused:

14.9 is slow, uh yeah, compared to a Mustang GT, but you've got to remember that this car isn't built for draggin', its built for carving:troutslap: The final drive ratio is only 3.64 for the "S", imagine if it were in the area of 4.30 to take full advantage of that little 1.6L turbo. Oh yeah, its only a 1.6L and runs that AND is heavier than it should be because of safety and what not, but I digress:shrug: IMO the should hit the 14.6-.7 range at about 97 mph and I don't feel that's slow, compared to a Mustang GT or even a Corvette, yeah, its slow.

Two things I don't do, one is to try to pass my MS6 off as a fantastic handling car, two is to try to pass the MINI off as a speed demon.

On the 6 forums, I tried telling them that my MS6 handles like a brick, even with the lowering springs (honestly, it's not even as good as the Contour) But there's no comparison to the MINI :shrug: On the other hand, I don't try to pass the MINI off as being fast either...as my MS6 is running mid 13's now-a-days. I'd be surprised if I could get my vert in at 15 flat...I don't see a 14.6 being a stretch for a lightly modded turbo coupe, although a lot may be depending on your wheel weight.

BTW, there's no use arguing with others...they just don't understand ;)

4.30 to take advantage of a tubro?? Are you kidding me? Even with that little turbo, you probably wouldent be using it efficiently with 4.30 gearing, you would run out of gear before the turbo reached full potential. The stock ratio is probably fine for the turbo.

On a supercharged car a 4.30 would be fine because there isnt any spool and it makes boost right away.

But i could be wrong, i know the turbo spools fast on those cars and is made for midrange power, but i dont see a 4.30 really being effective, you would need to shift to much and probably wouldent stay in the powerband long enough. Same thing happens with my buddies MSM, Small turbo, stock 4.10 gearing... Useless from a dig because he shifts 3 times before i shift once.
Evo = 4.52 gear ratio and a small (good midrange power) turbo.:shrug:

I believe we've got about 4-5 cars going out this year with us, but just me coming down from "the north", well, unless Steeda goes too:cool: I'm on NAM and I've got the same name, Klasse Act. It is an experience to say the least:laugh:

Alex (Pudmunkie), I don't fear a 3.0L N/A CSVT...bring it!

N/A ? whats this stuff for?
img218.jpg

Even before that, I think it would be a decent race vs the 3 liter.

The "collector car" comment is a good thing, think about it:cool: I'm not saying the MINI is fast, but its pretty quick and when you factor in the "real" torque its putting down (202 ft/lbs on the dyno stock) and its weight, that saying something. The car just pulls and pulls, its not like the R53 (20020-06) S/C'd engine at all. The stock exhaust goes like this, 2.6" downpipe into a 2.4" mid-pipe and finally a 2.2 axle-back, very restrictive. I've got the stock downpipe, but after that its 2.5" T304SS into a great sounding Magnaflow muffler that exits via a Pypes tip (Pypes is a Canadian company, Tourige:laugh: ) Now as far as MS6 running mid 13's, I'm sure its not stock and if it does run mid 13's, I bet a couple EVO/STi owners are going like this:shrug: I can't wait to see if the JCW re-flash actually does to this car because with another 2-3 lbs of boost combined with the fuel/timing being adjusted...LOOK OUT:shocked:

So you're pulling stock 3 liter numbers (200~ / 200~) and expect to pull away like a raped ape? The fact that you are a significant amount lighter is your only saving grace! you may pull away like a slightly annoyed aardvark...

So you're pulling stock 3 liter numbers (200~ / 200~) and expect to pull away like a raped ape? The fact that you are a significant amount lighter is your only saving grace! you may pull away like a slightly annoyed aardvark...
Are aardvarks even fast?:laugh:

On the dyno a bone stock R56 (new MINI) put down 172/202, advertised its putting down 172/177, so as you can see it puts down more than advertised. Now this wasn't my car, but is 100% like mine and I know cars vary a bit, its not going to vary that much. Now I've got an exhaust and intake, so those numbers would be better for sure. I never said I'd blow the doors off a 3.0L CSVT, but I feel I would win. Now about this fast thing, I guess a car in the mid 14's isn't fast when you consider that a brand new Saturn Aura w/ the 3.6L VVT engine runs mid 14's @98 mph:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

While deciding over the MCS and MS6 I saw a vid of a pro driving the MS6 and I've gotta tell you this, I'm sure he couldn't have done the same things in a CSVT...NO WAY:shrug: , so I've got to disagree about the CSVT handling better than the MS6! On a side note, I bet the guys with the pearl white w/ white interior MS6's are keeping those cars, VERY rare indeed:drool:

While deciding over the MCS and MS6 I saw a vid of a pro driving the MS6 and I've gotta tell you this, I'm sure he couldn't have done the same things in a CSVT...NO WAY:shrug: , so I've got to disagree about the CSVT handling better than the MS6! On a side note, I bet the guys with the pearl white w/ white interior MS6's are keeping those cars, VERY rare indeed:drool:

Go links to the vids? I'd like to take a look...I'm wondering if that's the AWD talking? I had a rear sway on my SVT and I could bring the tail around on the autocross track with no problem. The car is too heavy to really work it well...I guess that's IMO. White w/white was the combo I was going for, I settled for what I have (with reserve).

It dosent really matter how good the car is, seat time is more valuable than anything.

On a track day i went to recently, one of the guys who is a frequent solo I guy was keeping up to a C5 Z06 in a stock Mazdaspeed 3. The guy driving the Z06 is also a Solo I racer, so they were both excellent drivers.

On the dyno a bone stock R56 (new MINI) put down 172/202, advertised its putting down 172/177, so as you can see it puts down more than advertised. Now this wasn't my car, but is 100% like mine and I know cars vary a bit, its not going to vary that much. Now I've got an exhaust and intake, so those numbers would be better for sure. I never said I'd blow the doors off a 3.0L CSVT, but I feel I would win. Now about this fast thing, I guess a car in the mid 14's isn't fast when you consider that a brand new Saturn Aura w/ the 3.6L VVT engine runs mid 14's @98 mph:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

172 / 177 is quite a bit less than 200 / 200. I think because of your weight you'd just barely if at all edge out a swapped svt.

There is a couple of ways to figure this out......

172 / 177 is quite a bit less than 200 / 200. I think because of your weight you'd just barely if at all edge out a swapped svt.

There is a couple of ways to figure this out......

The figure of 172/177 is the "ADVERTISED" rating by MINI and if you look back at the posts, the car on the dyno put down 170 hp and 202 ft/lbs of torque, thus turning the "ADVERTISED" rating to more like 190/195, give or take:shrug: I'm not saying I'd blow the doors off a N/A 3.0L CSVT, but I'd win! Don't forget about the 2 Notorious B.I.G's of weight you've got too compared to me!

Back