• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics of the MINI...NOT in the driveway!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Its been awhile since I've had a photoshoot with the MCS, so here are some new pics, enjoy!

About 40 days to go, can't wait!
100_5373.jpg

Ivory topped emerald!
100_5359.jpg

3/4 rear view w/ the rear fogs on
100_5365.jpg

...with the flash on, HUH!
100_5364.jpg

Damn those HIDs and Nokya yellow fogs create a glare, oh well, HI! anyways!
100_5369.jpg

3/4 front view
100_5366.jpg

Hey CSVT, nice view, huh?!
100_5370.jpg

LOL! Just kidding...kinda!

FLAAAAAAAASH, ooooooooooon!
100_5376.jpg

100_5372.jpg

100_5364.jpg

Maybe one more, but maybe not!

Mugshot!
100_5367.jpg

For some reason I like this pic:shrug:
100_5362.jpg

Ok, so I lied, I'm in the driveway:crazy:
100_5360.jpg

Ok, that't it (I know, thank God) but there's going to be more when I go to the Dragon at the end of next month. BTW, there's still time to get a cabin and join us:idea:

Did they say how many they're expecting on the Dragon this year? One of these days I'll head out...

BTW, are you on NAM?

Did they say how many they're expecting on the Dragon this year? One of these days I'll head out...

BTW, are you on NAM?

I believe we've got about 4-5 cars going out this year with us, but just me coming down from "the north", well, unless Steeda goes too:cool: I'm on NAM and I've got the same name, Klasse Act. It is an experience to say the least:laugh:

Alex (Pudmunkie), I don't fear a 3.0L N/A CSVT...bring it!

I believe we've got about 4-5 cars going out this year with us, but just me coming down from "the north", well, unless Steeda goes too:cool: I'm on NAM and I've got the same name, Klasse Act. It is an experience to say the least:laugh:

I was thinking you were heading down for the big MINI run, but just saw it was a few months off. Are you planning to head back down in November at all?

BTW, I'm out there too (JoeyC, although I'm thinking of changing it to ShopVac)...but I never make my way down to the turbo section...I feel I'd be spying on you guys. :p

Last edited:
The get together at the end of Sept is a CEG yearly tradition and has nothing to do with the MINI forum, although I don't mind if the local guys show up from that forum. The BIG MINI meet was the beginning of May where they had FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE cars show up from around the country, pretty impressive IMO:cool: Our little get together is alot of fun and if you can make it out your more then welcomed!

*Correction*
48 days to go:crazy:

I wish I could go. In less than a month I'll be back in full swing with my coaching, going for a state champion three-peat...I appreciate the offer though.

Just to fill my knowledge on this and I'm sure I could look some things up...this is a North Carolina run? Where’s the start and end…and over how many days?

I wish I could go. In less than a month I'll be back in full swing with my coaching, going for a state champion three-peat...I appreciate the offer though.

Just to fill my knowledge on this and I'm sure I could look some things up...this is a North Carolina run? Where’s the start and end…and over how many days?

www.tailofthedragon.com

Here's a website for a place that's out there every weekend taking pics
www.killboy.com If you search their site for the past runs you'll find us out there. For 2005-06 I was in an Aero Blue Crossfire for the weekend of early to mid October and actually its that time frame for when we've been out there since 2003.

The single pipe out the back, just looks....wrong.

To each his own, but did you notice how the exhaust tip is the same basic shape of the cut out back there:shrug:
100_4897.jpg

Better pic may help you? BTW, I'm ashamed of the exhaust soot stain too:eek:
100_4895.jpg

This one is much better!
100_4917.jpg

Hey Pudmunkie, something to think about here:

-202 ft/lbs of torque stock as measured on a dyno
-2600 lbs of "mass":laugh:
-14.9@95 mph is what the mags have run in the car, stock.
-I have a larger, better breathing exhaust
-I also have a K&N "open element" filter to aid in breathing

Don't take this personal, but I feel I would beat a 3.0L CSVT (at the dragstrip) and will actually find out what it "really" runs in the fall at Ubly Dragway. I feel pretty confident that my MCS will run better than that by a couple tenths based on what I did last in my Crossfire (as tested it was to run a 14.9@95 and I ran a 14.8@94 "actual") All I had done to the Crossfire was an aftermarket Magnaflow muffler, that was it and if the T/C could've been completely eliminated I feel the car would've run better because that damn traction light kept flashing and flashing at me which in turn only let me run my best time launching the car at 2K and netting a 2.3 60 ft times:nonono:

14.9 is still slow.

Car looks good Roger, try taking some pics with a tri-pod and a little later at night.

I agree though, the single tipped exhaust looks dumb as hell. Just my .02

14.9 is slow, uh yeah, compared to a Mustang GT, but you've got to remember that this car isn't built for draggin', its built for carving:troutslap: The final drive ratio is only 3.64 for the "S", imagine if it were in the area of 4.30 to take full advantage of that little 1.6L turbo. Oh yeah, its only a 1.6L and runs that AND is heavier than it should be because of safety and what not, but I digress:shrug: IMO the should hit the 14.6-.7 range at about 97 mph and I don't feel that's slow, compared to a Mustang GT or even a Corvette, yeah, its slow.

the dragon almost doesn't seem worth it due to all the heat that it attracts. is there an official date?

Check out the southest forum for all the latest and greatest info Alex, you thinking about going:confused: Maybe you and Steeda could ride down or hook up a hitch to the CSVT and tow his bike:shrug:

14.9 is slow, uh yeah, compared to a Mustang GT, but you've got to remember that this car isn't built for draggin', its built for carving:troutslap: The final drive ratio is only 3.64 for the "S", imagine if it were in the area of 4.30 to take full advantage of that little 1.6L turbo. Oh yeah, its only a 1.6L and runs that AND is heavier than it should be because of safety and what not, but I digress:shrug: IMO the should hit the 14.6-.7 range at about 97 mph and I don't feel that's slow, compared to a Mustang GT or even a Corvette, yeah, its slow.

4.30 to take advantage of a tubro?? Are you kidding me? Even with that little turbo, you probably wouldent be using it efficiently with 4.30 gearing, you would run out of gear before the turbo reached full potential. The stock ratio is probably fine for the turbo.

On a supercharged car a 4.30 would be fine because there isnt any spool and it makes boost right away.

But i could be wrong, i know the turbo spools fast on those cars and is made for midrange power, but i dont see a 4.30 really being effective, you would need to shift to much and probably wouldent stay in the powerband long enough. Same thing happens with my buddies MSM, Small turbo, stock 4.10 gearing... Useless from a dig because he shifts 3 times before i shift once.

Back