• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The E.g.l?!

I have to agree with I-Dom-In-VIII.

The only thing I thought when I saw this particular branch of the forums regular circle-jerkers in complete caps is that they're doing just that...stroking their ego's. It's basically saying, "Hey...screw everyone else on this forum...we're the greatest." I don't care who lives their and who doesn't, it's separating one branch from the rest.

Here, why not just delete every code that links to other branches and use this picture instead. It gets the same point across.

Ohplease.jpg

The only thing I thought when I saw this particular branch of the forums regular circle-jerkers in complete caps is that they're doing just that...stroking their ego's. It's basically saying, "Hey...screw everyone else on this forum...we're the greatest." I don't care who lives their and who doesn't, it's separating one branch from the rest.

Here, why not just delete every code that links to other branches and use this picture instead. It gets the same point across.

Ohplease.jpg

WOW!!!:nonono:!!! do you want a tissue? really stop cryin about a simple name change.....its the EGL, dont like it? take it up with a mod that will sympathise with whiners (good luck findin one)...f:censored:k...that is all

Ohplease.jpg

Why don't you cry about it saddle bags!

ace-ventura04.jpg

WOW!!!:nonono:!!! do you want a tissue? really stop cryin about a simple name change.....its the EGL, dont like it? take it up with a mod that will sympathise with whiners (good luck findin one)...f:censored:k...that is all

Even if they could find a sympathetic mod it wouldn't do much good. Two of the three admins of the site are from the EGL and proud of it.
-Mark

Even if they could find a sympathetic mod it wouldn't do much good. Two of the three admins of the site are from the EGL and proud of it.
-Mark

Lance steps down, and you get this huge hard-on because you're in charge. From what I understood, you were making changes "for the better."

Yet all I see so far is you instigating drama.:shrug:

Edit: My posts about this are purely my opinion that is shared with other. If you can't give the decency to have a mature discussion about it, then I've said all that I could say.

Last edited:
Exactly the responses I expected. Bravo at being completely predictable.

If you knew what was coming I guess you shouldn't have wasted your energy posting on the subject because obviously it was in vane and got you no where. As I said before this section has been referred to a "The EGL" by its members for a long time, longer then you've been registered on this site. There are more active members in this branch then any other, EGL has the largest meets, the highest amount of off-forum interaction, and always has. So when I (the owner of this site) decided to give my "home" a little more recognition by renaming it to what its members have been calling it for years I wasn't worried about people not liking it because EGL has earned the right to stand out in the crowd.

-Mark

((
If you knew what was coming I guess you shouldn't have wasted your energy posting on the subject because obviously it was in vane and got you no where. As I said before this section has been referred to a "The EGL" by its members for a long time, longer then you've been registered on this site. There are more active members in this branch then any other, EGL has the largest meets, the highest amount of off-forum interaction, and always has. So when I (the owner of this site) decided to give my "home" a little more recognition by renaming it to what its members have been calling it for years I wasn't worried about people not liking it because EGL has earned the right to stand out in the crowd.

-Mark

WORD!! E.G.L:cool: home of the midget mod (self proclaimed) :laugh: :laugh:

Lance steps down, and you get this huge hard-on because you're in charge. From what I understood, you were making changes "for the better."

Yet all I see so far is you instigating drama.:shrug:

Edit: My posts about this are purely my opinion that is shared with other. If you can't give the decency to have a mature discussion about it, then I've said all that I could say.

I think you're forgetting that I don't need to justify my actions to you. you're the one going out of your way to whine about me changing the name of a single forum when the change really doesn't effect you in any way, shape or form. So who's instigating drama? As for me having a huge hard-on... See if I was vindictive or all that power hungry I'd just ban ya, but I'm not so I'm just gonna have to ask you to stop peeking in my windows and move on to the next house. :laugh:

yo mark i just noticed ur sig.....have u always had a vulva s60r?

Only for a little over a month. I sold my SVT to Alex a few weeks ago so I'm trolling for a few months until I decide what sort of Contour project I want to start for this winter.

-Mark

Only for a little over a month. I sold my SVT to Alex a few weeks ago so I'm trolling for a few months until I decide what sort of Contour project I want to start for this winter.

-Mark

word......those cars are sic.......i would just mod the hell outa the S60R and call it a day

word......those cars are sic.......i would just mod the hell outa the S60R and call it a day

it has a 100k warranty and is my DD, I like it the way it is. Only think I may do is lower it and toss on an exhaust.
-Mark

You knew a bunch of people would have a problem, and you went along with it anyway. That is instigating drama.

No, coming here and posting images and whining about something that doesn't concern you just so you can incite an argument/debate is blatantly instigating. If you really had a serious gripe about it you would've handled it in a professional manner and brought your concerns to me & the other admins via PM, instead you decided to get on your soap box, beat your chest so everyone would look at you in a public light. You can keep up your little activism performance all you like, it doesn't bother me and I'm not losing any sleep over it.

So voicing my opinion is inciting an argument? From what I understand the only time an argument arose is when "THE E.G.L." lackeys jumped all over anyone who didn't agree with it. I wasn't looking for an argument or debate, I was voicing my opinion publicly. Your regional players are the ones that decided to resort to childish comments and remarks to make it the argument.

Taking it to a PM would have yielded the same outcome. I know this because you're implying any disagreement from anyone, even your Moderators, would not change anything because of the following statement that you made.

"Even if they could find a sympathetic mod it wouldn't do much good. Two of the three admins of the site are from the EGL and proud of it."

So voicing my opinion is inciting an argument? From what I understand the only time an argument arose is when "THE E.G.L." lackeys jumped all over anyone who didn't agree with it. I wasn't looking for an argument or debate, I was voicing my opinion publicly. Your regional players are the ones that decided to resort to childish comments and remarks to make it the argument.

Taking it to a PM would have yielded the same outcome. I know this because you're implying any disagreement from anyone, even your Moderators, would not change anything because of the following statement like this

"Even if they could find a sympathetic mod it wouldn't do much good. Two of the three admins of the site are from the EGL and proud of it."

Let it go pal your not going to win. You must understand HE OWNS THIS SITE!! So he can do what he pleases and you can either respect his decision or leave. Bottom line.

Overall you are creating alot of drama to be honest.
Because of this

"Lance steps down, and you get this huge hard-on because you're in charge"

No offense you sound like a jackass. If you would of only asked why it was changed, instead of making statement retarded statements like this....

"The only thing I thought when I saw this particular branch of the forums regular circle-jerkers in complete caps is that they're doing just that...stroking their ego's"

Wtf is that. You mean that is your opinion or a direct slap to every EGL'r here. GTFO and have a nice life. You don't need to be in here. For being here for only 1 year you seem to have over stayed your welcome.

I would have respected your need of understanding why the name change. Yet you come in here instigating a fight. To be honest stop the drama he made it clear why he changed it.

Damn kids :mad:

Back