• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Top down day

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
Perfect day for a rip around New England. Took a bunch of pics, fugred I would whore them around here:

DSCN2744.jpg

DSCN2739.jpg

DSCN2751.jpg

DSCN2757.jpg

Hey thanks...It was the perfect day, I'm glad I had the week off to enjoy it!

No top down for me today...It's been raining pretty bad here (actually have reports of tornados in downtown Pittsburgh today). Hell, I was barely able to drop the top yesterday, but got an hour in on my way home last night.

Sweet pics BTW! Mazdaspeed FTW :)

the truck is for sale!!!! lets pitch in and buy it an take it to SZ or Carisle n go turfin'

You guys got lucky, it was indeed the perfect day outside. I was soooo tempted to just call in sick and get up to NH to get my new license and registration, but my not showing up would have delayed a project much further this week. :( Perfect temperature, just the right wind, and sunny.

Whereabouts did you take those pics? Love the boat ramp shot! Seems to be turning into a trademark NECEG picture. I used to go down to the Eddy Pond boat ramp before it got sketchy.

Last edited:
Looks good, Lava Orange is nice.

What is done to yours again?

A lot of little things. I like making small changes that most wouldn't notice but set it off fro mthe rest of the cars out there.

Engine:
*Flying Miata down pipe and high flow cat.
*Forge Motorsports Diverter Valve.
*AEM intake.

Exterior:
*Body colored painted calipers.
*Stebel airhorns.
*PIAA Superwhite headlights.
*15" Miata wheels (eventually for auto-x duty).
*Debadged.

Interior:
*Stewart Warner Boost gauge in dash vent.
*Mazda3 Shift knob, shift pattern filled and smoothed out.
*'02 Miata SE shift boot (black with silver stitching to match factory seats).
*Black dash trim to repalce faux carbon fiber trim.

Future:
*Boss frog arm, fender bracing (to tighten up the front end).
*Bigger intercooler.
*Flyin Miata Intake.

Whereabouts did you take those pics? Love the boat ramp shot! Seems to be turning into a trademark NECEG picture. I used to go down to the Eddy Pond boat ramp before it got sketchy.

The first few were taken on Rt 122 out past Barre MA. The boat ramp picture was taken at Comet Pond out on Rt 62 on the west side of Princeton, MA.

Get the FM intake. It makes the car a whole nother beast. Plus, pumping the boost to 11 #'s is sooooo fun.

My buddy has one with these mods:

FM downpipe
FM intake kit
HKS SSQV BOV
Magnaflow Catback and midpipe.
Hydra Nemisis Standalone ECU
Boost set at 12 #
550 CC injectors
TB Elbow pipe
Bigger Intercooler

They are fun cars. 4.10 gearing sucks though. He just ordered the 3.63's

The 4.10 gears are definitely overkill. I spend more time shifting gears than accelerating. Is your buddy over at mazda-speed.com?

Back