• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shelby Mustang GT at dealer

Cueball

CEG'er
I dropped off my car this morning for some warranty work (McFarland Ford in Exeter) and noticed they had a Shelby GT Mustang on the showroom floor. It was black. The sticker was a little over $50k, which included a $1,000 gas guzzler tax (16/23 mpg) and a $10,000 dealer markup. One of the salesmen chuckled - make me an offer. Apparently it has been sitting on the floor for over a month and getting very little interest. I can see why at that price.

I dropped off my car this morning for some warranty work (McFarland Ford in Exeter) and noticed they had a Shelby GT Mustang on the showroom floor. It was black. The sticker was a little over $50k, which included a $1,000 gas guzzler tax (16/23 mpg) and a $10,000 dealer markup. One of the salesmen chuckled - make me an offer. Apparently it has been sitting on the floor for over a month and getting very little interest. I can see why at that price.

We had one here that sat for over a month since it wasn't a GT500. It sold though. But it was stickered at only $42 or so.

From what I hear the Roush Mustang is the one to buy. It handles way better and looks and sounds meaner too. I've actually seen more of them then I have Shelby GT's. I've also had the pleasure of seeing a saleen which was also pure sex on wheels. I'd definitely opt for the roush or saleen. Especially after seeing that bada$$ one in transformers. But for now the good ole tour will have to do. Man I need a real job so I can buy better toys:nonono: .

From what I hear the Roush Mustang is the one to buy. It handles way better and looks and sounds meaner too. I've actually seen more of them then I have Shelby GT's. I've also had the pleasure of seeing a saleen which was also pure sex on wheels. I'd definitely opt for the roush or saleen. Especially after seeing that bada$$ one in transformers. But for now the good ole tour will have to do. Man I need a real job so I can buy better toys:nonono: .

The main thing with the Roush is that it has an independent rear suspension for much better handling. It has less power than the Shelby though. But the Shelby is going to hold on to its value more than either of the other two.

Shelby GT or GT 500? Two completely different things. The Shelby GT is a solid disappointment. Non- functional hood scoop, and only moderate power gains for the price you pay.

I'll stick with my straight GT for now. Though I'll gladly give my review of the GT350H 'Vert after our trip to CA next year. :D

The one I saw was just the Shelby GT. It did look like a total disappointment.
shelby2.bmp

Not according to the Saleen web site either. Any others you want to try for?

i could have sworn while watching top gear, after they test drove the gt500, they compaired it to the roush. They said the Roush, while it had less power, was a much better car over all because of the rear suspension.

i could have sworn while watching top gear, after they test drove the gt500, they compaired it to the roush. They said the Roush, while it had less power, was a much better car over all because of the rear suspension.

they could have said that and it could be true...but that would be no mention if IRS.

i just watched that episode today. the roush made it around the track faster than the shelby by a few seconds. i forgot the times but it was a pretty big difference

Back