• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PLEASE READ: CEG Announcement & Changes

WorldTour

I Feel More Like I Do Now Then When I First Got He
First off if you haven't read Lance's Announcement in regards to the CEG's future please take the time to do so.

I would like to say thank you to Lance for the many years of service he has given to this site, without him I truly feel that the car we so love would've faded into history and forgotten.

This change has been in the works for quite some time and for the most part is still in process. I am planning on doing various site updates and hope to start implementing some other changes to the site to give it a fresh look & feel. I welcome everyone's opinions, wants, likes & dislikes. I will be posting a thread for this subject matter at a later time so please save your suggestions for the time being.

Again, Thank You Lance! We all owe you a debt of gratitude.
-Mark

congrats, mark!

here's the first suggestion.... a mustang section. :laugh:

anywho, looking forward to the changes, and again, thanks to lance for everything!!!

Thank you Lance for everything you have built up for us over the years. CEG has been an amazing experience so far. Without it, I'd be lost.

Congrats Mark!! I'm looking forward to all the changes and updates. :cool:

Thank you Lance for everything you have built up for us over the years. CEG has been an amazing experience so far. Without it, I'd be lost.

Congrats Mark!! I'm looking forward to all the changes and updates. :cool:

What he said!

I'm glad to see the site still hanging in there :) Will we experience any sort of outages with the change of ownership and upcoming changes?

What he said!

I'm glad to see the site still hanging in there :) Will we experience any sort of outages with the change of ownership and upcoming changes?

Nothing major, we're keeping the same host/server for the time being. If I do any updates or changes that will result in a short term outage I will make announcements accordingly to give everyone ample warning.
-Mark

First off, I wanna applaud Lance for his idea and effort to launch this great forum, it has helped many of us in many ways.

Lance, I wish you the best of luck for your future endeavors and thank you.

Mark, congratulations man, you're taking up on big responsibilities now, keep the forum looking good and interesting.

PS: who do I contact for CEG vinyl decals?

Last edited:
This is almost like a dream. I haven't posted on these boards for years and I only stopped by today because tomorrow I'm picking up my new Mazda3 tomorrow. I was feeling sentimental washer her for the final time today and was going to post a good bye. It's been almost 10 years to the day that I bought my Contour and I'm really happy to have been a part of a community that truly has the passion the love these cars the way I do. Good luck to you Lance and everyone else.

PS: who do I contact for CEG vinyl decals?

pm parkedcar

and thanks to Lance for creating this site, it has definately changed my life and save me some money but also made me spend alot also. :laugh:

its all good and it seems CEG will continue going strong

Like Mark said, this decision wasn't taken lightly. Lance and I have been discussing his successor for nearly two years now. We both set on Worldtour as being clearly the best choice for the job. Mark has the drive, the vision and the web savvy to do great things here. Mark has been a good friend for a number of years now, and it was great to welcome him to the Admin team awhile back, and its just as great to welcome him to the top of the totem pole . . .

Mark has the drive, the vision and the web savvy to do great things here. Mark has been a good friend for a number of years now, and it was great to welcome him to the Admin team awhile back, and its just as great to welcome him to the top of the totem pole . . .

he's been on the job for less than a couple days and you're already brown-nosing!! suckup!!! :laugh: :laugh:

i agree though. marks a hell of a good guy, and i'm glad to see him being the one to take the reigns. i'll have to buy him some sort of disgusting shot the next time i see him.

good luck with the new position.

im pretty new here and pretty new with the contour. The interesting part was when i first got this car i didn't like it very much if at all. The i started searching around and found CEG. Which changed my whole out look on this car. I know the car needs some work from those of you who have seen it, but with a little tlc it will be good as new. If i hadn't found CEG i would just be driving the bloody hell out of the car and not care, now i hope to keep it for a good long while.

sorry about the grammar/spelling everyone.

I still would have bought my SVT had I not known about CEG, but this site has enriched me (and "unriched" me too) in so many ways. It has helped me to better understand and appreciate our cars and those who are in the "same boat". There is absolutely no better site to learn and be entertained about our Contours than CEG. I hope it's around for many, many more years!

Last edited:
Back