• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Knubauerized

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, after considering doing it for sometime, I gave it a good check to make sure it was possible (peel up the ends a bit, and push back the tape with my finger nail) I Knubaurized my 'tour.

Here's a before (at Carlisle)

100_0748.jpg

And after, in its new home...Sin City

100_0958.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0962.jpg

Looks good man..I didnt have that much luck when i did mine i had the racing stripe on the rear doors..Are you lowered??..Looks like it needs one..

I pulled one door guard off and found out I have the racing stripe. I wonder how it will look if I try wet sanding the area.

I just did my SVT too. Mine came out looking great though, no racing stripes. Might have something to do that my car is silver frost. Lighter color less prone to fading?

:rolleyes: not lowered. truthly it has a good stance compared to others ive seen stock. It was on the top of my list, but now that Ive seen that there are so many speed bumps in parking lots out here Im kinda scared. Its ,move down the list, I wont lie. Im really digging the bumpless look. As my Gf said, you wouldnt think it would change the look that much, but it does.

I get really worked up before I do things like this, think what happens if....but once I was 99% sure, I went for it, and im glad I did.

It looks great, I would say it is probably the best free mod you can do to your tour.

Whats everyone got against those door guards... :nonono:
but, i still love your car, VERY clean

If the process went in the wrong direction, I still have my bump guards in great shape and I also thought about seeing if i could get the older style ones. The harder plastic ones, that are much smoother. All went went though.

Back