• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

an CB in the contour

Mondeo_CLX

New CEG'er
hey all,

i have build in an 27MC CB in my car.
80 channels on FM and 40 channels on AM.......verry.....verry......illegal in the netherlands, and some country's near the netherlands.
otherwise, i know now the speedcamera's on the exact location by the truckers on channel 74 / 19.
so, i have now 2 times no ticket:laugh:
further, the engine will get an new belt.
i have an few dels and scratches more on the car. but who cares....
its also the best car:laugh:

here some pics of the interieur and an new pic fron outside:cool:
Foto%3DV7KDFKCF.jpg

nice front hey?:cool:

and the interieur...
Foto%3DJDWX3AD8.jpg

greet's, S.Seip

why would that be illegal?

only 40 channels on FM are allowed:shrug:
and 40 on AM......

in france the AM channels are not allowed to use, and only 21 channels on FM.....

in germany only 80 channels on FM...

why? i dont know:shrug:
they said one europe......ghehe.....NOT:crazy:

GrooveNerd has you beat! I like how it integrates into the dash that well though.

thank folks:laugh:
i think it looks like more of the modern version of "Smokey and the Bandit":laugh:
but its the "Team Roadcom CB-Mobile". its has the normal DIN ( car radio Format ) 80 channels on FM.
and its has an big LC-Display with a lot of info.

but, its even an nice extra for the empty space in the dash.
and, when i see how many others build in an cb in the car. i'm glad that i drive the contour with 2 DINS of them, ghehe.
not with an self build case under the dash:crazy:

i had a mondeo that colour, mine had the nasty blue interior

even, i whas with this mondeo in england;)
i was with the boat from callais to Dover. and from Dover ( when the police searched my car) i was trough the M5 i think going to London.
thats why i trust the mondeo, haha.
the mondeo is the super car of 93:laugh:

just kiddin'.
but where you live in england?

Ya know, this makes me think.... I have a CB... I should put it in my car... I never use it otherwise...Hmmm Ill have to see I f I can get it in the dash like that...:shrug:

even, i whas with this mondeo in england;)
i was with the boat from callais to Dover. and from Dover ( when the police searched my car) i was trough the M5 i think going to London.
thats why i trust the mondeo, haha.
the mondeo is the super car of 93:laugh:

just kiddin'.
but where you live in england?

About 2 1/2 drive from London in sleepy old Somerset.
Its the M3 to London BTW !

Ya know, this makes me think.... I have a CB... I should put it in my car... I never use it otherwise...Hmmm Ill have to see I f I can get it in the dash like that...:shrug:
whats with the roof inside? near the miror?

Just a suggestion!

Just a suggestion!

You only get one chance to make a first impression...try using some soap and water, it does wonders:shrug:

Back