• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Might be picking up an SVT...

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, after looking around for a while, I finally found a local SVT that looks like it might be a nice car. I'm going to look at it either tomorrow or tuesday. On the downside, i'm going to have to sell either my Mystique or my 95 Contour (Brett's old car). I've got a very serious buyer for the Contour, who is looking to give me what I want for the car as it sits.

So, as soon as I know more i'll post more details, but i'm getting excited... :D

Anyways, the car is a 2000, has 112k on it, one owner, mobil 1 since after break in period, mostly highway miles. Problems it has are, slight scratch in one door panel where it rusted a little bit, needs front struts and rear trailing arms.

The rear trailing arms is what scares me... That is an instant red flag for an accident, but i'll take a look and see what I find and will hopefully soon be an SVT owner!

Is that the one that was on Ebay from webster??? i was gonna go look at it but never got around to it... good luck

That's the one... I'm hoping all works out... I just lined up a buyer for my 95 SE... Payments worked out and everything. At least I know it should be going to a good home...

Just gotta figure out what to do with the Mystique...

Well, just got back from looking at the car, it looks clean. No mods except for a K&N air filter in the stock airbox. Still has the stock cd player and hood liner... :D

Anyways, pending my dad giving me the good to go, which i'm thinking should be good, i'll be getting the car either tonight or tomorrow... :D

Pics will be up as soon as I take posession!!!!!

I'll post the history of the car at that time as well...

Is it black? If so wahts the guys name selling it i f you dont mind me asking. I think i may know the owner.

Back