• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Pics...woo

RespectTheContour

Hard-core CEG'er
some of you are definately not gonna care for the pics below, but i got the bike racks as a bday present and decided to take the bike out and get some shots while i was out...im a big fan of how it looks and its so much nicer than having the bikes/skis in the back seat...but as i said its probably an aquired taste :p

those arent drill mount are they? not what i would do, but really doesnt look all that bad

yeah ok ... the thule (which doesn't fit the contour) and yakima rook racks clip to the car ....

I just got a used yakima rack for the mystique also ... I have a complete thule rack but of course they don't make a fit kit for the contour/mystique .... I really want to get it on the car and start to get out biking again

those arent drill mount are they? not what i would do, but really doesnt look all that bad

heeeeeeeeeeeeeells no, they simply clamp under the weatherstripping on the inside of the door, and they have protective rubbery feet so nothing scuffs the roof...trust me im very cautious with it everytime i take it on or off...hasnt been on since the snow melted but figured i should get some use out of it since its august and all

yeah ok ... the thule (which doesn't fit the contour) and yakima rook racks clip to the car ....

I just got a used yakima rack for the mystique also ... I have a complete thule rack but of course they don't make a fit kit for the contour/mystique .... I really want to get it on the car and start to get out biking again

right on brian...let me know when, riding day/photoshoot! haha

Bikes/kayaks/sporting equipment belong on VWs and Subarus, they look pretty awkward on any other car IMO. Just a stereotype though.

You're right about the usefulness of removable roof racks. A friend of mine got racks with ski and bike mounts for his Corolla, and we even recently tied a heavy bureau on them .. very useful.

you are right about the Vdubs looking good with roof racks...to be honest we usually take the GLI if you go anywere anyways, i just havent bought the seperate clips for the VW yet so for now it only fits on my car...i still think it looks good though :) but im bias

and thanks rawburt, but very hurtful about he racks, haha

Last edited:
I need to get svtf rims bad =\ car looks sweet man, and I can honestly say I've never seen a contour with a bike rack... Although I'm sure there are a couple around here with gun racks... crazy hicks o_O

you are right about the Vdubs looking good with roof racks...to be honest we usually take the GLI if you go anywere anyways, i just havent bought the seperate clips for the VW yet so for now it only fits on my car...i still think it looks good though :) but im bias

and thanks rawburt, but very hurtful about he racks, haha

Ha, remember the Jetta TREK edition, that actually came with a bike and bike rack from the dealership?

On topic - I REALLY like those Focus rims on the Tour.

It doesnt look all that bad....Its pretty nice... especially with the fact that it doesnt drill up on top or anything....

- Amyn

Looks good to me :) I have a hitch on the beater and I've been meaning to make a rack for that.
Roof mount doesn't look bad though as long as you are extra careful.

And nice wheels, from another Silver Frost owner with FSVT wheels. :cool:

I think roof racks are hottt.... My neighbor has an older black STI and hes got one on there: :drool: :drool: Nice car... I like it.. Rack looks awesome.

Back