• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help!!!! Need Reputible Shop In Duluth!!!

[Runs and hides]

J/K..... Its not somethin I would really wanna do. Ugh

Meh - it wasn't all bad - we had 1 light, not a single air tool, a couple of jackstands and 1 jack and a complete set of 1/2" sockets. We borrowed the cherry picker - lol, when I was working on motor mounts and the radiator, my feet were under the Mustang he had to DD while the DD was out. Got everything done in there, there was like 2 feet to spare on either side of the car - when it rained, we had to close the garage door because the bumper sat inches from the door - was hard working like that...

Sounds like the same situation we had changing out my freinds stangs transmission. It wasn't bad on that car because of it being RWD. Not sure I would want to do it on a FWD.

Meh. Bish please! That would take me ten minutes to do.

What I really should have said was that they are easier to get to and drop out of the car.:cool:

Edit: Theres a reason they call me flash:laugh: :laugh:

alright, here is the update, unfourtunatly. it is a worse case scinario :(

something broke down in the tranny, so i am looking for a new (used) tranny at a decint price. Krout (the guy that manages Dicks) put me in touch with a salvage yard he works with, and they have 1 for 650 with 84,000 miles. i know it comes with a 90 day warrenty blah blah.

but the thing is, if i go onto car-parts.com i can find them with similar miles for 450 or so. does anyone know if AAA autosalvage in Rousmount has a warenty on their parts? i'd call, but they are closed already.

i'd do this myself, but i just dont have the place to work on it or the time unfortunatly. landlords dont like it when you drop a cradle in their parkinglot :)

but yeah, since the tranny has to come out anyways, i am going to put a clutch in it. (Redlineracer12, you'll have a PM soon). i dont think the clutch has ever been replaced, and the car has 157,XXX miles on it. so i figure i should do that while it is out.

it is going to be an expensive fix which sucks. at least i have my fiero to drive right now until the SVT is fixed. pray for cool weather, as it doesnt have AC and i use it for business!

yeah, it has a good motor, but still, would rather not beat it up on the potholes and crappy roads. that, an di like my back, and it is lowered and full poly on 17's rides rough. . . :D

on the wya to Car Craft
desktop-1.jpg

At the Show
P1011573.jpg

Nice. I'm not too far from AAA but I've never actually done business with them.

Driveline and Major Components

* A 6 month part replacement warranty applies unless otherwise noted on your invoice. All claims for warranty must be made within this time. Any claim made after the expiration of the warranty will not be considered.
* The original invoice must accompany any claim for warranty.
* Defective driveline components must be made available for inspection by AAA or a representative of AAA while still installed in the vehicle for the purpose of analysis before warranty coverage will be considered.
* New fluids, filters, seals, and gaskets must be used in the installation of the driveline component. All lubricants and fluids used must be of the type recommended by the manufacturer. Receipts for installation items must accompany the claim for warranty.
* Parts and Labor warranties are available for additional cost and will be indicated on your invoice. Labor claims will be paid based on the Chilton Labor Guide at a rate of $50.00 per hour. Labor warranties are limited to the lesser of the purchase price of the component or $500.00.
* AAA reserves the right to provide warranty repair at a facility of its choice.
* Labor claims will only be paid if a parts and labor warranty is indicated on your invoice.
* The warranty term is based on the original purchase date.
From their website: http://www.aaaparts.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=21

The usual BS about having receipts for all the correct filters, gaskets, and fluids blah blah blah.

...put me in touch with a salvage yard he works with, and they have 1 for 650 with 84,000 miles....
Remeber the name of the yard?..... If its Chesney's please do not accept it. Their full of s:censored: ...:help:

There is a good salvage yard just outta superior. Name is: Country Boy Auto Parts. I would check there too. They have a reputable business. Alot of body shops here in Duluth deal with them.

Back