• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wheel/Brake Clearnace Question

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
Has anyone ever tried putting on 15" SE Alloys on their SVT and still had the brakes have clearance?

Allan told me at the Hoffman show today that he thinks someone did it.

I'm wondering cause I have Cougar brackets so I can use SVT rotors, but before I even get into putting the rotors on, I may need to get a set of 16" wheels for winter tires so I can clear the larger brakes. ( I will not run the 17's in the winter)

My car came (used) from the dealer with 15's on it since the previous owner took his custom wheels off before trading the car in. :mad: I had to find E0's on ebay. If those 15's had looked better, I might have kept them as they gave the lowered car a better looking stance, IMHO.
Karl

I'll just have to give in, order the parts, and see if it fits! :laugh:

I'll keep you posted.

I have the svt front brakes on my contour and I have had the stock 15" wheels from my Mystique on the car and its fine .... the clearence is tight but its fine. And the other way around I put my stock SE wheels on my Mystique and they fit fine also ....

also I do believe that most use 15" wheels for snow tires on there SVTs if they drive them in the winter

Back