• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Visual Comparison: CSVT Brakes VS. FSVT Brakes

I didn't realize that the thumbnail pictures could be enlarged. When they are enlarged they don't look like rear calipers. I don't remember the non-STV looking that wimpy either. But I've never had them side by side.

3mm spacer to put the caliper bracket twoards the rotor. 3mm is equivalent to roughly 2 hardened washers.

4mm is correct. 3mm will work.

Hey I just wanted to point out one other point about the comparo pictures of the FSVT vs. CSVT calipers. The FSVT calipers in the pictures have the bracket on them and the CSVT do not which makes the FSVT even larger. They are larger but mainly in the body though only a little bit in the piston size.
The main thing I took away is that the FSVT front brake calipers weight quite a bit more than csvt. I think that by the time you throw on all of our bracketing the weight may be equivalent though so you really are only saving some money when using our kit versus the FSVT calipers.
Also, the brake pedal feel is NOT the same on the FSVT calipers because of that bigger piston size. If feels softer and a tad slower compared to the CSVT system because You will have to use more pedal travel with the FSVT calipers to make the piston move.
The front/rear kit we designed very closely preserves the brake stock brake bias from front to rear AND gives the same pedal feel as stock while giving more stopping power and fade resistance.
Just a reminder, always clean all your brake mounting hardware and bolts when you install them and torque correctly to specs......just a friendly reminder.

Last edited:
I just did my fronts with Warmongers kit and am very pleased. I installed new EBC Red Stuff pads while I was there. Actually, my wife drove the car and said her head jerked forward when she applied the brakes for the first time. I hope to do the rears within the next couple weeks, BTW, I also installed 15mm spacers on the fronts to "pull" the wheels out. I'll post up some pix when I can.

I just did my fronts with Warmongers kit and am very pleased. I installed new EBC Red Stuff pads while I was there. Actually, my wife drove the car and said her head jerked forward when she applied the brakes for the first time. I hope to do the rears within the next couple weeks, BTW, I also installed 15mm spacers on the fronts to "pull" the wheels out. I'll post up some pix when I can.

Do you have the factory wheels? I have the E1 wheels and they fit just fine. Can't go any bigger, but they fit. Btw, I just installed the kit about a week or two ago. They're nice :)

Back