• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Visual Comparison: CSVT Brakes VS. FSVT Brakes

LukeDuke

CEG'er
Well I figured since I had the parts here I might as well snap some shots to show everyone the difference between the CSVT Front Brakes and the FSVT front brakes. Its supposed to be a bigger brake upgrade for Contours and its pretty straight forward on the install. I havent done my own install yet but will be soon. The pics below will show the difference between the two. The FSVT parts are considerably bigger in size. The pics might not do justice but in person there is a big difference. I will try to get up some pics when I finally get around to my install. Enjoy and feel free to start a discussion. There are plenty of others on the board who have more experience and knowledge on this topic that will chime in.

Standing View: FSVT Front rotor on the left, CSVT front rotor on the right.

CSVT front rotor laying on top of FSVT front rotor to show size difference.

Top Caliper View: CSVT on left, FSVT on Right.

Bottom Caliper View: CSVT on left, FSVT on right

Pad size comparison: CSVT on left, FSVT on right.

My FSVT Front rotors painted Silver. High Temp painted the hat inside and out.

My FSVT front rotor and one front caliper painted the same.

Both FSVT caliper painted.

Might as well do the new stock rear CSVT calipers at the same time....

Let me know about this cause if this works then the rear brakes shouldnt be too hard then i can get that focus rear Baer brake kit.

The rear brakes from a Focus will not fit on a Contour. If your desire is big rear brakes with 2 piece rotors visit www.TCEperformanceproducts.com if you want larger rear rotors that are one piece use Warmongers rear kit.

Last edited:
Well I figured since I had the parts here I might as well snap some shots to show everyone the difference between the CSVT Front Brakes and the FSVT front brakes. Its supposed to be a bigger brake upgrade for Contours and its pretty straight forward on the install. I havent done my own install yet but will be soon. The pics below will show the difference between the two. The FSVT parts are considerably bigger in size. The pics might not do justice but in person there is a big difference. I will try to get up some pics when I finally get around to my install. Enjoy and feel free to start a discussion. There are plenty of others on the board who have more experience and knowledge on this topic that will chime in.

Good to see that you got your brakes done but what made you buy all new calipers both FSVT front and CSVT rear? By the way there have been comparisons before of all this hardware but it was nice to have it all in one thread.

well i just wanted to show everyone that there is difference between the two. i mean we can read whatever someone writes but pictures show the differences. i work for a brake company so thats why i had both sets on had.

It was great to see the comparo shots all in one like that, thanks for the good work! Look at that PUNY lil CSVT caliper....wow.

Will the FSVT front caliper bolt on, or do you need a bracket for a proper CSVT to FSVT swap?

edit: NVM thanks.....

Last edited:
Finished my swap the other day

DSC02372.jpg

DSC02373.jpg

Compared to old stock brakes:

img146.jpg

Waiting to get the warmonger rear kit on

i have researched that the FSVT caliper with bracket will bolt right up to the CSVT spindle. Might need new bolts and spacers for perfect fitment. Others correct me if im wrong...

3mm spacer to put the caliper bracket twoards the rotor. 3mm is equivalent to roughly 2 hardened washers.

Warmonger is a member on here...

he and BurritaSVT make up Nautilus Performance.

Contact either Burrita or Warmonger via PM for inquiries.

That's really wierd, my CSVT calipers look a LOT like the FSVT calipers. IIRC the early SVT's had larger calipers and pads. Did the SVT guys use the original CSVT on the FSVT? The CSVT calipers you have on the left look nothing like mine.

That's really wierd, my CSVT calipers look a LOT like the FSVT calipers. IIRC the early SVT's had larger calipers and pads. Did the SVT guys use the original CSVT on the FSVT? The CSVT calipers you have on the left look nothing like mine.

The early CSVTs did have a larger pad design similar to the FSVT pad, but were designed for the same size rotor as all the other FSVTs. The caliper body is a little larger to accomodate the larger pad, but from a functional standpoint it is exactly the same size as the later CSVT calipers.

The early CSVTs did have a larger pad design similar to the FSVT pad, but were designed for the same size rotor as all the other FSVTs. The caliper body is a little larger to accomodate the larger pad, but from a functional standpoint it is exactly the same size as the later CSVT calipers.

The early and later calipers had the same mounting dimensions right? I'm going to be installing Warmonger/Nautilus adapters for the FSVT rotors with my calipers and worried now that it may not fit correctly around the rotor and inside the wheel. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Yes, the mounting dimensions are identical. The early and late CSVT calipers are completely interchangeable, and should not interfere with the warmonger/nautilus brackets.

Yes, the mounting dimensions are identical. The early and late CSVT calipers are completely interchangeable, and should not interfere with the warmonger/nautilus brackets.

That's what I figured, was just scared the height of them might actually be too close to the wheel. Don't think it will be an issue, it's still in the back of my mind though.

Standing View: FSVT Front rotor on the left, CSVT front rotor on the right.

CSVT front rotor laying on top of FSVT front rotor to show size difference.

Pad size comparison: CSVT on left, FSVT on right.

My FSVT Front rotors painted Silver. High Temp painted the hat inside and out.

My FSVT front rotor and one front caliper painted the same.

Both FSVT caliper painted.

Might as well do the new stock rear CSVT calipers at the same time....

The caliper pictures look to be mislabeled. The ones on the left as well as the ones on the bottom look like REAR calipers.

The caliper pictures look to be mislabeled. The ones on the left as well as the ones on the bottom look like REAR calipers.

See my post and reply to mine above. The ones on the left are Front calipers for later SVT's, they had smaller calipers that your's or mine, the bottom picture is indeed rear calipers as labeled.

Back