• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The #4

Normally they do...they were instructor demo vehicles. However, Brian and I worked at Ford at that time and after we finished the course and everyone went home, we stayed to chat with the instructors and the chief mechanic about the school, the cars etc. Our instructor asked if we'd like to take out the Contour (knowing Brian had one and I used to have one). We said sure, and he pulled out one of their Cobra's and Cobra Vics too. We autocrossed for almost another hour after school was "over".

BTW, power sliding the Cobra Vic was fun as ****...and when you get it wrong...polar moment of inertia in a car that big is violent. Nothing self-loops like a sliding Cobra powered Crown-Vic! :D

-Todd

Ditto what Todd said. At the time I was working in the "Mustang Customization" group, and part of what I was doing there is clearly documenting the modifications that Bondurant had done (mostly by Roush) and getting feedback from both the instructors and shop guys as to what worked well for them, and what didn't, and what sort of things would benefit them if the original car were designed to make certain modifications easier.
So, since we were hanging around the rest of the day asking questions, our instructors took the opportunity to get us (and them) more track time, lol. And FWIW, I don't recall ever looping the Cobra-Vic . . . :D I also seem to remember during a regular class session, Silver Snake almost got a little friendly w/ a track wall just before the carousel in his "Sweet 16" hehe.

So, since we were hanging around the rest of the day asking questions, our instructors took the opportunity to get us (and them) more track time, lol. And FWIW, I don't recall ever looping the Cobra-Vic . . . :D I also seem to remember during a regular class session, Silver Snake almost got a little friendly w/ a track wall just before the carousel in his "Sweet 16" hehe.

LOL, so true. A little too much go pedal and I thought I was gonna regret signing the damage waiver. Hehe. As for looping the Vic, its only because Les was busting my balls telling me I could get a bigger drift through the hairpin on the auto-x. I certainly did.... :p

And for the record, I had the fastest time sheets, but Rara beat me on the final grade for the course. Although my basement has a photo of his #23 chasing Sweet 16.....:D

Damn that was a fun time wasn't it?

-Todd

LOL, so true. A little too much go pedal and I thought I was gonna regret signing the damage waiver. Hehe. As for looping the Vic, its only because Les was busting my balls telling me I could get a bigger drift through the hairpin on the auto-x. I certainly did.... :p

You just need to suck less . . . (notice there is two S's there ;)

And for the record, I had the fastest time sheets,

Only on the autoX course my friend . . . lol

Although my basement has a photo of his #23 chasing Sweet 16.....:D

Damn that was a fun time wasn't it?

-Todd

Well, the only way they could get us both in the pic is when I was lapping you each time ;) hehehe.

We need to go back again sometime for sure. It's so different from just open track sessions or vehicle testing.

boumacj, sorry for hijacking the thread about your car . . . but it brings back some good memories. but just between you and me, i always felt that the Bondy 'tours could use the extra torque from a 3L . . .

i've been very curious and have searched for honestly a couple hours for the other bondurant contours. anyone know their where abouts?

damn that thing is sweet! how would that do for a road course car? id love to pick one up if i could street legalize it out there but that would almost put it back to stock :blackeye:

id consider it for a track only car but id be too tempted to take it out on the street all the time :laugh:

Todras,thanks for posting those pics...

The build number for the car is #4842. As I was gathering some more info yesterday I found out that Bondurant just sold the very last of the Contours two days ago. It was the #1 car, which I had been asking about for months, and they sold it to someone else. Hopefully that "someone else" is part of CEG. A guy over on FordContour.org has the #5 car and lives in Iowa. It you are the one who bought the #1 car, let us know!

Back