• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SHO drool

You Denver SHO folk dont fugg around. How are Pats SHOs doing? I never got to see him again before I left.

You Denver SHO folk dont fugg around. How are Pats SHOs doing? I never got to see him again before I left.

Pat's cars are good. The white car got a new crank last year, with new bearings. Pat and I rebuilt the race motor due to a spun bearing last year. It has been running strong for about a year now. I got to track it at Second Creek and lit up the tires (track tires on 9" wide rims) in 3rd gear, which is over 70mph. He's looking for me to race his race SHO when I'm done.

That is one sweet SHO! The engine looks to clean and nice to go into a car!

For whoever asked, I have my UIM painted gloss black and the valve covers Tred, looks hot when it's clean!

Makes me want to pickup another SHO.

I just hated all the problems I had with mine. Seems like something was breaking on it every other week. When it finally had another oil leak on the backside of the engine I just said f-it and bought another car... my $600 CSVT with a blown engine.

The trannies in these cars are horrible in my opinion. Ford spent all the money to have Yamaha design and build the engine and then they f'd it all up by putting one of there off the shelf transaxles on it :nonono: Although the car I had was an ATX I hear the MTX SHO's are a little better, but harder to find... well that is atleast in the 2nd gen SHO's (92-95).

I would still like to see someone put this motor in a Contour. It would be extremely difficult given the room we have to work with, but man if it worked... 3.0 or 3.2L with a lot more power then any of our pussy 2.5L's not to mention a lot more potential.

Back