• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: 13 inch brake upgrade brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

96BlackSE

CEG'er
Hi everyone,

I am looking into getting some caliper brackets made to be able to use the PBR and Brembo mustang cobra calipers on our cars...

I would get the brackets machined and give you a list of what you would need to complete the brake kit along with the part numbers...

I have seen brand new PBR calipers with pads go for $250 there are usually a couple on ebay at most times... The Brembo calipers are a bit more expensive since they are 4 piston calipers and need extra clearance to fit under the wheels

The Brembo directionally vaned rotors can be had for $70 a piece and have to be re-drilled to the 4x108 bolt pattern (this is perfectly safe I have looked into this and is a common practice for many brake conversions on other vehicles as well)
And the lines for $60

I am expecting the caliper brackets to be around $80-100 putting the entire kit in around $530-550...

Keep in mind a lot of money can be saved by finding a good used set of calipers the used calipers go for about ~$150 on ebay

The Brembo rotors are also pretty good rotors so the price can go down if you decide to use anything else

If anyone is interested please post here

Isnt there someone on NECO that has already done this for the cougar? I remember seeing something on there

From what I know...for 13" rotors, don't you have to run at least a 17" wheel? If memory serves me right...

Interested, but need to know if they would work for my stock E0 rims as that is what I drive on in the winter...

nima, I've actually been planning to make these exact brackets for quite some time, but still haven't gotten to it . . . I'd be interested in a set of just the brackets if you get them up for sale before I get around to making my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back