• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello everyone.

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Hello everone, i'm new here. I just bought a 1995 Mercury Mystique GS 4 cylinder Zetec 5 speed, with just about all the power options. Here are some pics for anyone that is interested.

Here she is from when i got her...

Mystique001-1.jpg

Mystique004.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

Here is the car after about 2 weeks...
Mystique017.jpg

Mystique014.jpg

I'm open for suggestions on the car. I want to do a little something w/ it.

Also, i'd like to say, this car is taking the place of my first car, which i miss a hell of a lot. It was a 1989 Ford Tempo GLS that had 5000 dollars put into it. Here is a pic of that...

Picture3006.jpg

Last edited:
Get rid of the steelies :help: . Check out the Zetec Performance section to take a look at some of the things you can do.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to CEG :)

Last edited:
Welcome!:cool:
That car looks pretty clean. How many miles?
I am so jealous.My car is an 00 and no moonroof. I wanna slap the woman that bought it new.

no is was a 4 cyl HSO (high output of the 2.3) and only fwd. It was a GLS (sport model with factory body kit) and had all the power options, and came with a MOONROOF. if u want more pics i can post them.

damn! that is one hot looking tempo!

welcome! ;) like what was stated before...check out the Zetec section for some ideas. happy modding!

nice mystique, its just gettin broken in. I have 190k on mine and its near identical but I don't have the sunroof :mad: but mines a LS :laugh:

when was it built? I want to know if its older then mine

I miss my 92 Tempo 2dr reliable as a rock, but SLOW!

And I thought HSO means something about the High Swirl heads.

Thanks again guys. HSC means high swirl combustion, the HSO was just a higher performance model of that engine. It had a slighly bigger lift for intake and exhaust on the cam and slightly more ported out head than the stock HSC. the way you can tell the heads apart is by taking them off and looking at the combustion chamber. The HSC will have a heat like shape, and the HSO will have a circle for the combustion champer.

OH and its nice to see that there are some people here knowlegable about Tempo's. My kinda people. I've been a Tempo nut since i bought mine 2 years ago. I was even more of a Taurus SHO nut before then, but i guess now is my time to join the Contour/Mystique nuts for a while.

glad you're joining with so much enthusiasm behind it, too many people just join, then complain they can't post in the classifieds yet. That Tempo looked pretty good, hope you enjoy the contique, there are plenty of us that do. Welcome. :cool:

Thanks again guys. HSC means high swirl combustion, the HSO was just a higher performance model of that engine. It had a slighly bigger lift for intake and exhaust on the cam and slightly more ported out head than the stock HSC. the way you can tell the heads apart is by taking them off and looking at the combustion chamber. The HSC will have a heat like shape, and the HSO will have a circle for the combustion champer.

OH and its nice to see that there are some people here knowlegable about Tempo's. My kinda people. I've been a Tempo nut since i bought mine 2 years ago. I was even more of a Taurus SHO nut before then, but i guess now is my time to join the Contour/Mystique nuts for a while.

Yeah I remember the heart shaped chambers, just don't remember the HSO version. Was there a significant improvment on power? I can't imagine it was close to what the v6s had.

Back