• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

first photo shoot with my new tour'

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
I decided since a lot of people are whoring their rides, since mine is now presentable I probably should get out there and take some pics, it was a beautiful day here in mid michigan.

The car still needs a small amount of work, the passenger side headlight still needs to be wetsanded, my grill's chrome was peeling so I sanded it down and hit it with the same paint I used on my headlights, so thats why it looks a little weird, but I should have a new SVT grille sometime in the near future, and im going to paint the chrome ring body color.

Heres what she looked like when I picked her up, I put the ST200's on the day I got it. There were stock 14's (ewww).

n30315915_31665622_3855.jpg

And after all of my hard work
DSC00036Large.jpg

DSC00045Large.jpg

DSC00044Large.jpg

DSC00043Large.jpg

DSC00040Large.jpg

DSC00038Large.jpg

The grille looks stupid.

Funny that you were just bashing on that other kid for mismatching headlights and grille. Well look at your car, lol.

The grille looks stupid.

Funny that you were just bashing on that other kid for mismatching headlights and grille. Well look at your car, lol.

the plan really was to make it black so it was like a generic color, either way its not a permanent thing.

Your car is coming together well Jared, especially since getting a bumper:cool: I hope you save your money and/or finance a good CSVT, you deserve it! (not saying your present car is junk, its just your such an enthusist and all around good guy)

Your car is coming together well Jared, especially since getting a bumper:cool: I hope you save your money and/or finance a good CSVT, you deserve it! (not saying your present car is junk, its just your such an enthusist and all around good guy)

Yea i agree 100%

Car looks good Jared.

Means a lot coming from you Roger, and same goes to you Tourige. The guys at spring zing know just how far the car has come given they had seen it in its worst of days :(

Unfortunately; the prime of a CSVT has passed me by. Ive driven plenty of them, but ive decided when I pick up my next car its going to be something with a little better fit and finnish, something that I wont have to worry about rod bearings, syncros and differentials in, granted I meticulously maintain a car and really only beat on my cars when the weather is right and I have the right song playing on the stereo, but to me I think to myself "where is the fun in constantly worrying about blowing a motor and having to go through that fiasco of events?" So im moving more towards looking at a Focus SVT as my next car, I have driven a couple of those, you get 90% of the fun a contour SVT has to offer with none of the serious drawbacks, and along with it you get a hatch and more cargo space, the perfect combination for a college guy. I figure im going to hold onto my contour until it just pukes on me and use it as a winter car once the next car comes along.

As for my headlights, no they don't leak a single drop, but when I bought the car it had previously been in a front ender, and was improperly mended, so the paint on the bumper was peeling, the grille was cracked the headlight panel is messed up beyond belief, only one headlight was replaced, and it was with an Ebay headlight. So i've been spending my time to use this car as a learning car, I learned how to mount side skirts with it, I learned how to do paint and paint prep work, I learned how to do high tower headlights, I learned how to do a timing belt, How to do a suspension, how to do a rear disc conversion, how to replace sway bar end links, how to replace hubs and so on. its been a very nickel and dime car, but thanks to people like Reebs, I have gotten all of my parts for dirt cheap, which I am very thankful for. The best part is all of the looks a simple Zetec contour can attract, I got people asking me questions about it, what suspension, wanting rides, its so sad that these cars have been around since 1995 and nobody knows what the hell they are, and the fact that with minor work and modification they can be a truly fun car to drive, even with the 4 banger. I know that im going to be flamed for what I just said, but I don't give two ****s, i've grown to love this car the more I work with it, I would take this over any stupid Honda Civic any day, although I wont lie, I had thought about purchasing a Civic and seeing what I can do to it with a thousand dollar budget, but I quickly realized that I would be like every other Honda idiot out there.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, next up is wetsanding the passenger headlight and hopefully finding an SVT grille for cheap. As for the wheels, I REALLY went out on a limb buying those, I got them for a steal with newer tires, they are pratically brand new in display, except for the rash on the driver front one which just happened due to a poor Taco Bell Drive through design :mad: I had seriously thought about selling them to pick up a set of Focus SVT Euro wheels. But I just like these better because they complement the Burgendy (or Cabernet) red color. Especially with the painted gunmetal between the spokes. I love these wheels, but I hate them on anything but red, to be honest, if my car were any other color, there would be E0 wheels or FSVT euros on it right now.

Last edited:
CSVT>FSVT just so you know. FSVT has its issues as well

oh, like I said, I know the FSVT has its issues as well. But does it spin rod bearings, and have similar trans issues? I mean, anything else I can deal with.

Never spun a rod bearing. Maybe people need to learn how to drive or add oil. Trans? Only time I have had a trans issues is dropping the clutch.

FSVT has shift linkage issues! hell my buddy had one and finally sold it after it spent more time in the shop for warranty work than it spent on the road with him driving it:troutslap:

Your car definitely looks nice...you have come a long way with her. The color is sweet and the wheels are a very good fit for her...you made a nice choice with them. :)

Now, you need to work on setting the exposure on your camera, some of the shots you have look nice, but the car is coming out too dark. I would like to see more of the exhaust...but you can't because it's fading into the shadows. You need to remember it is to be your focal point...work with the light, not against it...especially with a dark car. Also, as another small hint from your uncle Joey...when you place the car in an open parking lot...cover the big oil stain...you don't want to distract from that thing of beauty ;) (BTW, if covering an oil stain...don't set the car in a way that it could look like its coming from your car :D ) I know you can do better with the pics...now show us! That's what whoring is all about...

Your car definitely looks nice...you have come a long way with her. The color is sweet and the wheels are a very good fit for her...you made a nice choice with them. :)

Now, you need to work on setting the exposure on your camera, some of the shots you have look nice, but the car is coming out too dark. I would like to see more of the exhaust...but you can't because it's fading into the shadows. You need to remember it is to be your focal point...work with the light, not against it...especially with a dark car. Also, as another small hint from your uncle Joey...when you place the car in an open parking lot...cover the big oil stain...you don't want to distract from that thing of beauty ;) (BTW, if covering an oil stain...don't set the car in a way that it could look like its coming from your car :D ) I know you can do better with the pics...now show us! That's what whoring is all about...

yeah it was a quick picture job with a new camera (my old one crapped out), so I will get on that. Thanks for the advice

Last edited:
Back