• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRTs new SVT track car...

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
...is getting pretty light.

WARNING...Joe has a potty mouth...so you may want to shut the volume off for the second video at work, but def have it on for the first :laugh:.

For more info on the project cluck the "free svt" in my sig...

Last edited:
whats the name of that storage place? all the places i go to say that i need to have the car registered and on the road to store it there :(

Is that some sort of storage place or..?

It's partially a storage facility and partially a rent a shop...they're fully powered and some units are even wired for 240....you won't find another place like this. I've had my 20X40 foot shop for about a year now. The interiors of the units can be modified by the renter as they desire. There are a few units that have gone so far as to install running water and lifts and there are also several race teams that run out of them.

~Josh

It's partially a storage facility and partially a rent a shop...they're fully powered and some units are even wired for 240....you won't find another place like this. I've had my 20X40 foot shop for about a year now. The interiors of the units can be modified by the renter as they desire. There are a few units that have gone so far as to install running water and lifts and there are also several race teams that run out of them.

~Josh
Thats freaking sweeet! Need one around here :shrug:

So, Josh, what are your plans for that car? Planning on actually racing it in a competitive manner? Or just open track events? Keeping it street legal? Putting a cage in it? ? ? ?

I would like to get back into competitive racing. For the moment the car is being built for an open track/autox car. I need to get my driving back up to snuff before i run door to door again.

The car will be plated so i can drive it to and from track events as I have access to a trailer but no shop truck yet. It is being registered as being kept in a county where emissions and inspections are not required.

As for the car, I'm building a bolt in half cage with harness and camera mounts, and a triangulated rear strut tower brace. True camber plates will be built and installed and the sub frames will be reinforced and seam welded with solid aluminum sub frame bushings. PRTs yet to be released suspension components will be installed and the body will be foamed in some areas to increase rigidity. It'll also have 13"F/12"R brakes using Cobra and FSVT rotors with my own custom bracketry. Right now, because of the nature of the build being a bottom line of 0$ the car will most likely stay 2.5, unless i can find someone that needs an SVT short block + heads for the cost of a 3.0 from LKQ.

Theres a lot more to this build than stated, and it'll all be revealed as work continues. The build is being documented in the WGL forums so you can follow it there if you like.

~Josh

Last edited:
I would like to get back into competitive racing. For the moment the car is being built for an open track/autox car.

Might want to consider where you may want to race the car competitively in the future. Lots of dumb things can make a particular car illegal for a particular class, and too often its the hardest stuff to change later.

Might want to consider where you may want to race the car competitively in the future. Lots of dumb things can make a particular car illegal for a particular class, and too often its the hardest stuff to change later.

Examples?

Basically everything I'm doing to the car(minus the wiring harness rebuild) can be undone.

That, and cutting the interior side of the doors off and riveting aluminum sheet in it's place.

Back